- 3 spring onions chopped
- 1 fresh green chilli chopped
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 0.50 tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 0.50 tbsp coriander seeds (dry roasted and crushed)
- cracked black pepper
- 2 kaffir lime leaves torn
- 1 lemon grass (stalk chopped)
- 50 g basil chopped
- 25 g coriander with stalks (chopped)
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 limes – grated zest and juice
- 2 tblsp coconut milk
- salt & pepper
For the prawns
- extra virgin olive oil
- 4 spring onions cut into half
- 1 shallot
- 4-6 slices beetroot
- 8 raw prawns
- 1 handful of tiny lettuce leaves
- salt & pepper
For the garnish
- shellfish oil
- 1 tsp finely shredded basil
- Roast coriander seeds in pan on moderately high heat and crush in Pestle and Mortar once cooled.
- In a blender, purée the spring onions, chili, garlic, ginger, ground coriander, black pepper, lime leaves, lemongrass, basil, coriander, olive oil, and lime zest and juice; pass through a fine-mesh sieve. Add the coconut milk and season to taste with salt and pepper. Warm just prior to use.
- Prepare spring onions. Peel the beets and cut into 4 slices or quarters depending on size of beets. Heat Olive Oil over moderate heat – adding beets and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add Spring onions & Shallot and cook for further 2-3 mins. Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Add the Oil. Add the prawns. Increase the heat to high and continue to cook the prawns for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until just cooked through. Remove the prawns from the pan and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the lettuce to the same pan and quickly wilt it in the hot pan; transfer to a bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Arrange and serve.