Win a cookery masterclass at Thornton's Restaurant
To celebrate week seven of MasterChef Ireland we have a cookery masterclass for two at Thornton's Restaurant.
This fabulous prize consists of a masterclass for two people to learn how to recreate Thorntons' Michelin starred cuisine. Commencing at 10am over a welcoming coffee, Kevin Thornton and his team will detail the morning ahead outlining the three course menu chosen from Thornton's signature dishes.
These specially chosen courses will be the main focus of your morning in the kitchen. It's into the kitchen then where you will be guided through the menu on a one-to-one basis by Kevin and the kitchen team. Before leaving you will receive a detailed recipe card as an aid to recreating the dishes learnt in the comfort of your own home, together with a Thornton’s Masterclass Apron.
Thornton’s opened in Portobello, Dublin in 1995 and moved to its present location on St. Stephen’s Green in 2002. Located in the heart of Dublin, overlooking magnificent St. Stephen’s Green, Thornton’s is a wonderful location for a sumptuous dining experience. The restaurant occupies the first floor of the Fitzwilliam Hotel and its capacity is 80 persons.
Kevin Thornton is the great philosopher of Irish food. His passion, understanding and drive to bring excellence to the plate has made him Ireland’s highest achieving chef. He was the first Irish chef to achieve two Michelin stars.
His cooking, while contemporary, is informed by the distinctive flavours of local produce, and by his vivid memories of the food of his childhood. Just as important to Kevin is the keen appreciation of nature which inspires both his cuisine and his photography. Kevin is also a food writer, teacher and photographer.
Thornton's have now begun teaching masterclasses, at a cost of €200 per person, and include lunch and wines. For more information about Thornton's Restaurant, log on to their website, and for masterclass bookings, email email@example.com.
For your chance to win, simply sign in below and answer the question to be entered into the draw.
Terms and conditions:
1. By entering the competition, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
2. No purchase is necessary to enter the competition.
3. Information supplied to enter this competition will not be used for any other marketing purposes.
4. You must be 18 years of age or over to enter and provide a valid ROI delivery address. Employees of RTÉ, their immediate families and those directly related to them are not permitted to enter.
5. Start date: 15/11/2012
6. Closing date: Entries must be received by midnight on 21/11/2012.
7. The prizes is as follows: The prize includes a masterclass for 2 to the value of €200 per person.
8. The winner will be randomly drawn, on Thursday 22nd November 2012. (under independent supervision) from the valid entries and announced thereafter at www.rte.ie/masterchef .The Winner will also be notified directly by telephone and email and will then need to respond to that email within 24hours of receipt, so we can arrange facilitation of the prize. If we do not receive a response within that timeframe, the prize will be awarded to the next entry drawn.
9. Delivery of prizes will be made within 14 days of contact with winner, subject to receipt of sufficient postal details.
10. The prize is non-transferable, and there is no cash alternative in part or in whole.
11. If the prizes prove unavailable or inappropriate for any reason, the promoter reserves the right to substitute it for one of equal or greater value.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend the details of this promotion in the event or any unforeseen circumstances outside their reasonable control. If this occurs, all reasonable steps will be taken to ensure that participants are not disadvantaged.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to re-allocate the prize to the next entry drawn if they believe the deemed winning entry has won unfairly. This process may be repeated, as necessary, until a valid winner is found.
14. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. No responsibility is accepted for entries which are for any reason whatsoever not received by the Promoter.
Competition is closed