Rustic flavours are dominating in Superquinn with the launch of new handcrafted artisan pizzas throughout stores nationwide.
The Piero rustic pizza bases contain only 365 calories and are handcrafted by Gianpiero De Vallier and his team. Piero, who is an Italian artisan pizza chef, delicately handcrafts these bases from premises in Rathmines, to bring authentic Italian artisan flavour to the Irish kitchen table. The bases are made using only natural ingredients, and are made over a two day period of fermentation. The result is that the dough is extremely healthy and full of that authentic Italian flavour.
To coincide with the return of the Steak and Wine Sale , which is back by popular demand and runs from today (Wednesday, 1st August) for two weeks only, Superquinn has created a bespoke limited edition Steak and Red Onion Pizza. During the Steak and Wine Sale, customers will have another opportunity to save up to 33% on steak, plus enjoy savings on selected wines.
The Superquinn freshly prepared artisan pizza comes in five varieties and costs €6. They are available in the following flavours:
- Steak & Red Onion Pizza – made using the freshest red onions and only the best Irish beef, sourced from a trusted network of Irish farming families.
- Fresh Mozzarella, Beef Tomato and Basil Pesto - made in-store using fresh mozzarella from the Superquinn cheese market and best beef tomatoes.
- Parma Ham & Sun-Ripe Cherry Tomatoes – freshly made with parma ham and delicious juicy sun-ripe cherry tomatoes from the Superquinn delicatessen.
- Cheese Lovers Pizza - prepared using the finest selection of Superquinn cheeses - fresh mozzarella, shaved parmesan, goat’s chevre and gorgonzola.
- Spicy Meat Feast - using only the finest selection of chorizo, parma ham, pepperoni and jalapenos chosen from the Superquinn delicatessen.
The new pizzas are now a permanent addition in the delicatessen offerings throughout stores. The Superquinn Steak and Wine Sale runs from 1st August – 14th August.