Global Stylist Ambassador for Pantene Pro-V, Sam McKnight, shows us how to get the Moschino Cheap & Chic catwalk look.
The Look: Rainbow Waves
The hair look at the Moschino Cheap & Chic took us on a journey from 70’s hippies to Africa with a stopover in Milan and arriving in East London. The Collection was a melting pot of Shwe Shwe African fabric and ‘70s bell-bottoms mixed with platform wedges in acid brights.
“I wanted to capture the youthful spirit of the Moschino Cheap & Chic girl and celebrate the various influences impacting this collection. The grunge of East London, the crimping of the 70’s, the braiding of Africa and the polish of Milan.” said Sam McKnight, Global Stylist Ambassador for Pantene Pro-V. “The completed hair look has a ripple effect with the hair swopped across the forehead from the side parting creating a youthful finish.”
Step by Step, Moschino
Get the look
1. To achieve the perfect base for this look start with freshly washed and conditioned hair. Pantene Pro-V Aqua Light Shampoo and Conditioner works well for a light finish as it nourishes the hair without adding weight.
2. During Fashion Week, it’s essential to give hair extra nourishment so use the new Pantene Pro-V Instant Damage Defence Conditioning Spray to give extra protection and shine.
3. For hair stressed by over styling, supplement your hair care regimen with a treatment mask such as Pantene 2min Intensive Nourishing Treatment (for fine hair) or Pantene 2min Deep Repair Masque (for normal-thick hair).
4. Apply Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Mousse to the lengths of the hair and brush through from the roots to the end.
5. Next, create a low side parting and gel down with Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Gel. Take small sections of hair, apply Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Hairspray, and then braid from root to tip.
6. For maximum effect, iron each braid with a straightening iron and then leave to cool for as long as you can.
7. Unpick each braid with your fingers and untangle with a soft bristled brush. For a less uniformed look, wet your hands and dampen.
8. To finish, gather the front section of hair, swoop to the opposite side and grip at the temple.
• Pantene Pro-V Aqua Light Shampoo and Conditioner – €3.69 for 250/200ml
• Pantene Pro-V Repair and Protect 2min Deep Repair Masque/ Pantene 2min Intensive Nourishing – €6.19 for 200ml
• Pantene Pro-V Instant Damage Defense Conditioning Spray – €6.19 for 150ml
• Pro-V Classic Care Mousse - €4.15 for 200ml
• Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Gel - €4.15 for 200ml
• Pantene Pro-V Classic Care Hairspray - €4.15 for 300ml