MCD concert promoters have issued a "warning" about tonight's sold-out Arctic Monkeys' gig in Marlay Park, advising concert goers that "transport to and from the venue is a matter for individual ticket-holders themselves".
Here is MCD's guide to tonight's show in full.
Important Transportation, Weather, Traffic Delay & Age Policy Warning Issued
'You MUST Plan and Book your Return Travel arrangements in Advance.'
Marathon Return Shuttle Bus departures from City centre (Custom house quay) to event are now Sold Out until 17.30. Extra capacity was already added to all earlier times. Extra buses have been added for 17.30, 18.00, 18:30 and 19:00 departures. Limited number of bus tickets available for sale on a first come first serve basis.
These concerts take place outdoors check the weather forecast before you leave and dress appropriately. Please note Bring Rain Gear as NO Umbrellas are permitted'
Traffic delays are inevitable please allow plenty of additional travel time at least an extra 2 hrs’
No unaccompanied under 16’s are allowed on site. Under 16’s must be accompanied by an adult over 18. Note you may be asked to prove your age with photo ID or you will be refused admission. Acceptable forms of proof are: Passport, Garda Age Card, Driving-Licence and PASS cards
Gates open – 15:00 hrs / Royal Blood – 16:20hrs
The Promoter is not licensed to, nor do they operate any transport to and from the Marlay Park Dublin concerts.
Transport to and from the venue is a matter for individual ticket-holders themselves, whether by means of car-pooling, cycling, walking, or by availing of the LUAS, Dublin Bus service (which is providing an enhanced route 16 bus service to take concert-goers directly into the City after the concert), or by making an advance return booking on the 'Marathon coaches' special shuttle bus service operating directly between the City Centre and the concert venue, or finally, by hiring a taxi.
Once again we strongly urge all concert goers to heed the advices of An Garda Siochana, transport providers and promoters regarding the pre-planning and advance booking of their return trip to and from venue.
Once again we urge all concert-goers to respect local residents and their community by not engaging in any anti-social behaviour.
We hope everyone enjoys the concerts and we take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support.
MARLAY PARK CONCERTS 2014
Saturday 12TH July 2014
Public Information Notice
Following consultation with An Garda Siochana and Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council the following arrangements have been made
PLEASE USE PUBLIC TRANSPORT AS THERE IS LIMITED PARKING AT THE VENUE.
CONCERT SHUTTLE BUS
PROVIDED BY MARATHON SPORTS TRAVEL
The shuttle bus is the most direct form of transport to the concert - as the drop off point is directly outside the venue. The shuttle bus service will operate for all concerts from custom house quay in the city centre direct to Marlay Park. http://www.marathonsportsbooking.ie/
Fare: €10 return. €9 when booked online in advance. Operating times are as below:
Please note Return Service Only. You MUST book in advance. ARCTIC MONKEYS – SAT 12th JULY
Customs House Quay to Marlay Park: 15:00, 15:30, 16:00, 16:30, 17:00, 17:30, 18:00, 18:30, 19:00
Marlay Park to Customs House Quay: 22:00 - 00:00 - on demand as customers arrive.
Link for booking Marathon buses to Arctic Monkeys - http://bit.ly/1nFOQLO.
Dublin Bus routes serve the Grange Road entrances of Marlay Park in close proximity to the concert site:
16 Airport/O’Connell Street to Grange Road
116 Burlington Road to Grange Road
161 Dundrum Road Luas Station to Grange Road
These Dublin Bus routes serve Ballinteer Shopping Centre approx. 15 minutes walk to the concert site:
14 Beaumont via Amiens Street to Ballinteer Shopping Centre
75 The Square Tallaght / Dun Laoghaire to Ballinteer Shopping Centre
Please check timetables prior to travel. Note not all services will be operating at the end of the concerts. For more information tel: 01 873 4222 - 0830hrs – 1800hrs (Monday to Saturday excluding Public Holidays) or www.dublinbus.ie.
PRIVATE HIRE COACHES
We do not organise any private coaches and it is advised that persons travelling by private coach agree with the driver where to collect from after the concerts; if possible it would be worth exchanging contacts.
PLEASE NOTE THERE IS NO PRIVATE HIRE COACH PARKING ON SITE and they will not be able to pick up from Grange Road or College Road car park after the event.
We understand that Taylors Three Rock Pub located on The Grange Road may have coach parking space for a fee. Contact email@example.com or (01) 494 2311 www.taylorsthreerock.ie
The closest Luas stations are Ballaly and Dundrum. It is approx. a 30 minute walk to the concert site. For more details on Luas routes go to www.luas.ie/routes
TAXI & PICK UPS
A taxi pick up service will be facilitated on Stonemason’s Way, at the junction with Grange Rd to its junction with Barton Rd East.
TRAVELLING BY CAR
THERE IS LIMITED PARKING AVAILABLE IN MARLAY PARK PLEASE MAKE USE OF THIS AND DO NOT PARK IN RESIDENTIAL AREAS.
Traffic and parking delays are inevitable you are strongly advised to use public transport or carpool.
Please plan your journey in advance and allow plenty of extra travel time to and from the venue. Check the AA Roadwatch website for updates. For the latest live show day traffic updates telephone AA Roadwatch 1550 131 811 (AA Roadwatch premium rates apply) or tune into RTÉ 2fm.
From Dublin city centre –
via Ranelagh, Clonskeagh, Goatstown, Sandyford, Grange Road and then onto College Road for car-parks.
From the M50 – USE JUNCTION 13
Exit M50 at Junction 13 Interchange (Dundrum).
Follow Brehonfield Road R133, direction Rathfarnham. Turn left at Ballinteer St Johns GAA Club onto R822 (signposted Ticknock). Turn right at traffic lights at Taylor’s Three Rock Pub onto College Road R113.
The entrance to car-parks is off College Road.
Special needs tickets are available for this event through Ticketmaster call them on their Special Needs Hotlines 0818 903001 / +353 818 903001 (Republic of Ireland) +353 1 648 6060 (International) Service Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:30am to 5:30pm.
For any additional special needs queries regarding parking/access etc please email Access@festivalrepublic.com
Credit Card collections will be located at the entrance off the Grange Road opposite Centra and Lidl
FURTHER INFORMATIONFOR non-ticket related queries please email Enquiries@FestivalRepublic.com. If during the event you have a query or wish to provide feedback please notify a member of staff. It is your responsibility to bring any issues you have to a member of staff at the event.
Arctic Monkeys - Saturday 12th July
Gates open 15:00hrs
Royal Blood – 16.20hrs
ALL TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE BY PROMOTERS
These are outdoor events. Concerts will take place rain or shine.
• Always check the weather forecast before setting off and dress appropriately for the weather. If it is sunny please bring sun-cream and a hat. If it is raining please bring wet weather clothing including wellies.
• Allow enough time for concert entry procedures, ticket checks and searches.
• Note that if you are or perceived to be intoxicated you will be refused entry to the concert even if you hold a valid ticket. Intoxication through alcohol or drugs, any form of antisocial behaviour, Crowd Surfing or Moshing will not be tolerated. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse admission to or remove from the venue anyone taking part in these activities without a refund.
• You may be body and/or bag searched at the entrance. Any item(s), which may reasonably be considered for use as a weapon or illegal, or which may cause danger or disruption to any other persons at the event, will be confiscated. Persons suspected of carrying items that may be used in an offensive or dangerous manner, or carrying out illegal activities within the arena or other parts of the site may be searched.
• No unaccompanied under 16’s are allowed on site. Under 16’s must be accompanied by an adult over 18.
Note you may be asked to prove your age with photo ID or you will be refused admission.
Acceptable forms of proof are: Passport, Garda Age Card, Driving-Licence and PASS cards.
We reserve the right refuse admission without a refund if you cannot prove your age.
• There is no re-admission at these concerts.
• Respect the property and privacy of residents in the vicinity.
• For your own safety please co-operate with stewards and Gardaí and follow any loudspeaker announcements.
• For your own and the safety of others please move slowly and quietly when exiting the Concert site and co-operate with stewards’ directions.
• Note that catering and bar facilities are available inside the venue.NO ALCOHOL, DRINKS, OR FOOD are permitted to be brought into the venue (with the exception of up to 500ml of soft drinks in a sealed plastic bottle)
• Note that official merchandising will be available inside the grounds only.
• Note that the concert is being recorded for visual and audio broadcast.
• Note location of Entry / Exit Gates, Emergency Exits, First Aid Posts and Water Points.
• Wear bright clothes or luminous armbands if you are walking in the dark.
Please note ticketmaster is the ticketing agent for this event. promoter strongly advises you do not buy tickets from unofficial source.
Please note searching will take place on entry to the event. do not:
• Bring garden furniture, deckchairs, fold up chairs or shooting sticks.
• Bring any illegal items. Nor herbal/legal highs or NOS.
• Do not park illegally. Towing in operation.
• Do not bring umbrellas, flagpoles, folding chairs or alcohol into the grounds. These will be confiscated at the ticket barriers. Please see ticket terms and conditions of entry.
• Do not bring illegal substances or weapons to this event.
• Do not rush the exits after the concert.
• Do not bring professional cameras or recording equipment into the grounds.
• Do not crowd surf or mosh, as you will be removed from the venue without refund.
We appeal to all fans to respect the local community by not littering,
Not engaging in anti social behaviour and by not parking illegally or in residential areas the stewarding and security measures being taken are for the safety of all.
Thank you for your assistance and enjoy the shows.