RTÉ.ie (www.RTÉ.ie) ("RTÉ.ie," "we" or "us") is part of RTÉ which operates and manages RTÉ's online services. Certain features and functions across the range of RTÉ's digital services including websites, and mobile services are available to users who have a free RTÉ login, known as "RTÉ sign-in ". These enhanced services allow you to have a more personalised experience in accessing and interacting with RTÉ's digital services and content as well as with other users of RTÉ's digital services. By registering with RTÉ you can easily access all features and functions across the range of online services with a single sign in. You can register with RTÉ sign-in using your Facebook or email login details.
The following terms and conditions ("Terms") are the terms and conditions that govern your use of RTÉs digital services and comprise our contract with you for use of RTÉ sign-in. By registering with, and using services through RTÉ sign-in you agree to be legally bound by these Terms. If you do not agree to be legally bound by these Terms you should not sign in to RTÉ. You can only register with RTÉ sign-in if you are 16 years or older and by using RTÉ sign-in, you warrant that you are 16 years or over.
The RTÉ.ie terms and conditions found at http://www.rte.ie/about/organisation/terms.html ("General Website Terms") also apply to your use of the services through RTÉ sign-in and other services provided through the Website. In the event of any conflict between these Terms and the General Website Terms, these Terms shall take precedence.
RTÉ.ie may, at its sole discretion, modify, discontinue or terminate use of RTÉ sign-in, or make changes to these Terms at any time and without prior notice. If we do this, we will post the changes on the Website. In certain circumstances, we may send an email to registered users notifying them of the change. You should, however, check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes.
If you find any change to these Terms unacceptable, you should stop using RTÉ sign-in as your means of signing into RTÉs digital services. . If you continue to use our RTÉ sign-in following a new set of terms being posted on the Website, you will be deemed to have accepted such new Terms.
1. You may only use the services accessible through RTÉ sign-in for your own personal, non-commercial use.
2. You agree to use the services accessible through RTÉ sign-in only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit the use or enjoyment of the Website by other users or third parties. You may not use RTÉ sign-in to post defamatory content, harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person, transmit obscene or offensive content or do anything else which may affect the operability or security of the Website If you discover any content on the Website that you consider is defamatory, distressing, obscene, offensive or otherwise in breach of these Terms, please contact us at email@example.com.
3. We reserve the right at our discretion to remove any content on the Website, including any content that may be posted by you.
Disclaimers/Limitation of Liability
4. The services accessible through RTÉ sign-in are provided on a "AS IS" and on an "AS AVAILABLE" basis without any representations or any kind of condition or warranty whether express, implied or statutory, including, without limitation, any implied warranties or conditions as to merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
5. RTÉ will not be liable to you for any damages arising from use or loss of use, interruption of business, loss of data or profits, whether in contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising from or in connection with your use of the services accessible through RTÉ sign-in and will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss or damage arising from or in connection with your use of RTÉ sign in.
6. RTÉ does not warrant that your use of RTÉ sign in will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that RTÉ.ie or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
7. Nothing in paragraphs 5-7 shall be deemed to exclude or limit RTÉ's liability for any matters that cannot be limited or excluded by applicable law.
Responsibility for use of RTÉ sign in services
8. You are responsible for all use made of your RTÉ sign-in account. Accordingly, you should keep your email, Facebook or Twitter login details safe and you should not disclose these details to third parties. We take no responsibility for fraudulent use of your RTÉ sign-in account. However, if you suspect your RTÉ sign-in account has been used fraudulently, you should notify us immediately and we will use our reasonable endeavours to suspend use of and access to your account.
9. For full details of the type of information we collect from you in order to provide RTÉ sign-in to you, our use of such information and any entities to whom we disclose this information, you should read our Privacy Statement which is hereby incorporated into and forms part of these Terms.
10. RTÉ.ie and/or third parties may occasionally send e-mail messages to you containing advertisements, special promotions, and other marketing subject to your permission. You must decide to "opt-in" to such e-mail messages during the registration process for the RTÉ sign-in service if you wish to receive any e-mail services, newsletters, special promotions or other marketing materials ("Opt-in E-mail Programmes"). RTÉ.ie has the right to partner with third parties to provide these Opt-in E-mail Programmes. Your correspondence or business dealing with advertisers or third parties found on or through the Opt-in E-mail Programmes, including payment for and delivery of related goods or services, and any other representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser or third party. You agree that RTÉ.ie shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings.
11. If any provision of these Terms are found to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect.
12. We may terminate our contract with you for use of the services accessible through RTÉ sign-in service in the event that you breach any provision of these Terms and do not remedy such breach within seven (7) days of receiving notice to do so.
13. These Terms (and other documents referred to in them) represent the entire understanding between you and us concerning your use of the services accessible through RTÉ sign-in service and all prior promises, representations, understandings, arrangements, agreements are revoked. You agree that you have not relied on any prior promises, representations, understandings, arrangements, agreements in entering into this Agreement. This clause does not exclude or limit any liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
14. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Ireland and you submit to the jurisdiction of the Irish courts in respect of all matters, issues and disputes arising out of or in connection with them. However, this does not prevent us from instituting proceedings outside of Ireland