RTÉ.ie (www.RTÉ.ie) ("RTÉ.ie," "we" or "us") is part of RTÉ which operates and manages RTÉ's online services. Certain features and functions across the range of RTÉ's digital services including websites and mobile services are available to users who have a free RTÉ login, known as "RTÉ ID ". These enhanced services allow you to have a more personalised experience in accessing and interacting with RTÉ's digital services and content as well as with other users of RTÉ's digital services. By creating an RTÉ ID you can easily access all features and functions across the range of online services with a single sign in. You can create your RTÉ ID using your Facebook, Twitter or email login details.
1. The aim of this Privacy Statement ("Statement") is to explain how RTÉ.ie collects and uses the personal information it gathers about you when you sign in through RTÉ ID sign in RTÉ.ie will ensure that it keeps all personal information supplied by you in accordance with this Statement and our obligations under current Data Protection legislation.
3. You can only sign in to services through RTÉ ID if you are 16 years older
What information we collect and hold about you and the purposes for which we use this information
4. When you sign up to services through RTÉ ID, you will be asked to provide certain information, which we require to provide certain services to you. Some of this information is mandatory, including your date of birth and location. We need your date of birth to ensure that you are entitled to access and use the services accessible through RTÉ ID and also to ensure that the content provided to you is appropriate for your age, for example if you are under 18. We require your location to ensure that we comply with any geographical restrictions on use of services which you can access using your RTÉ ID.
5. We use the information you provide to us in registering for and using the RTÉ ID service to ensure you can access certain content and services on the Website, interact with other users of the Website and also to personalise such content and services based on your interests. This means that when you access our services using your RTÉ ID, these services and content will be personalized based on the information you have provided to us. This information will include your information provided on registering for an RTÉ ID and also information which we collect through your interactions with the Website using your RTÉ ID, for example, your browsing history and pages you may have visited on the Website. However, if you request specific content, then we will provide this to you.
6. In order to use your RTÉ ID, you will need your personal email address or Facebook or Twitter login details. You should keep your email, Facebook or Twitter login details safe and you should not disclose these details to third parties. We take no responsibility for fraudulent use of your RTÉ ID account. However, if you suspect your RTÉ ID account has been used fraudulently, you should notify us immediately and we will use our reasonable endeavours to suspend use of and access to your account.
7. You should also note that these social network providers will provide certain information to us, which may include your name, email address, date of birth and gender. In addition certain other information may be provided to us by your social network provider, but this will depend on the privacy settings and the information you have chosen to make public. We may use this information to verify the information you provide to us on registration and also to provide a personalised service to you.
8. We may collect a certain amount of statistical information concerning usage of the Website, for example, logs of the number of visitors to the Website, pages visited by those visitors and so on. We may also keep records of your computer's internet protocol address when you access the Website to make our Website more secure for you, to enhance your experience on return visits to the Website and to provide you with personalised services and content.
9. We may use your information to contact you for service administration purposes, for example to provide you with password reminders or notify you that the RTÉ ID login facility has been suspended for maintenance.
You can disable cookies in your browser settings, but if you do so, you will not be able to login to services using RTÉ ID login service.
Use of your information for targeted advertising
12. We and our third party partners will not use your information to contact you for our own direct marketing or promotional purposes.ie unless you specifically agree to be contacted for such purposes at the time you submit your information on the Website, or at a later time if you sign up specifically to receive such promotional information. We will not provide your information to third parties who may contact you for direct marketing or promotional purposes unless you have consented to being contacted for such purposes.
Disclosures to third parties
13. Except as set out in this Statement, we will not disclose your information to any third party without receiving your prior consent. However, we may disclose your information where required by law.
14. We will only hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary in connection with the purposes set out in this Statement.
15. We store your personal information using appropriate technical and operational security measures to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration or destruction of your personal information.
Access to your personal information
16. Access to your personal information: You have the right to request a copy of the personal information RTÉ holds about you, whether in connection with your use of your RTÉ ID login or otherwise and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge â‚¬6:35 for information requests.) Please address requests to email@example.com.
17. If you have any questions or queries about this Statement please contact our help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.