Serious fire in County Down

Published: 22 November 1913

A serious fire occurred at Newcastle, Co Down today, resulting in the partial destruction of a shed belonging to Mr Stephen McAdam. The shed was used for storing a large quantity of grocery goods of an inflammable nature. The fire brigade prevented the blaze from spreading to any of the adjoining buildings, namely Mr Hunter’s public house and the premises of Mr Greenaway’s stationers.

Century Ireland

The Century Ireland project is an online historical newspaper that tells the story of the events of Irish life a century ago.