New Church for Ringsend

Published: 27 July 1913

St Patrick’s Church, Ringsend, was solemnly dedicated today by the Archbishop Walsh of Dublin. The Church, built in the Gothic style, has been constructed using Irish materials and now comprises sanctuary, transepts, side chapels, two sacristies, a confraternity room and a large store room. The foundation stone on the new Church had only been laid twenty months ago, and the building will serve the population of Ringsend, with Reverend Joseph Mooney serving as Parish Priest. Much of the work has still has to be paid for, and a subscription fund was opened with the Archbishop pledging £1,000 towards the cause.

Century Ireland

The Century Ireland project is an online historical newspaper that tells the story of the events of Irish life a century ago.