King Baudouin of Belgium is persuaded to try the game of hurling.
- Title King Baudouin Plays Hurling
- 1st Broadcast 17/05/1968
- Clip Duration 00:01:07
- Material Type Video
- Series title RTÉ News
- Clip title King of Belgium Plays Hurling
- Extended description
King Baudouin of Belgium, on a visit to Ireland in 1968. It is traditional for dignitaries who call on the President at Áras an Uachtaráin to plant a tree in the grounds.
King Badouin is given some instruction by Taoiseach Jack Lynch, a five-time All-Ireland Hurling Championship winner. President de Valera also offers advice, while Queen Fabiola and Sile Bean de Valera look on.
Note: This clip is mute.
A RTÉ News report on the final day of a visit of King Baudouin and Queen Fabiola of Belgium to Ireland. On a visit to the President of Ireland King Baudouin was persuaded to try hurling.
This report is from RTÉ News broadcast on 17 May 1968
- Local keywords King Baudouin, Belgium, Royal Visit, Áras an Uachtaráin, Photographers, Tree Planting, Hurling, GAA, Jack Lynch, Queen Fabiola, Sile Bean de Valera, Eamon de Valera, State Visit
- Geographical coverage Dublin, Ireland
- Topic Arts and Culture
- First broadcast channel RTÉ
- Production year 1968
- Country of production Ireland
- Original identifier N2836/0068B
- IPR restrictions Rights Reserved - Free Access
- Rights terms and conditions
Copyright RTÉ. This material may not be replicated in any form or manner without the prior express permission of RTÉ. Any form of reproduction in print, television, video, multimedia, web site or other electronic media or any form of dissemination for commercial or non-commercial use must be licensed by the RTÉ Libraries and Archives.
If you wish to licence video or audio clips, still images or text, or would like further guidance please contact us.
RTÉ Libraries and Archives are committed to respecting the copyright of others and have attempted to source and credit the copyright owners of all material used here. RTÉ would like to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified here so that the necessary corrections can be made. If you feel your copyright has not been respected please contact us.
- Item type part/extract
- Item colour Black and White
- Item sound Mute
- Aspect ratio 4:3
- Language used English (eng)
- Original language English (eng)
"Dirty Lie" Say Stones
Broadcast - 07/01/1965
Clip Length - 00:00:54
If You Ever Go Across the Sea to Ireland
Broadcast - 16/09/1966
Clip Length - 00:00:43
Satchmo in Dublin
Broadcast - 30/07/1967
Clip Length - 00:06:46
Astronaut Colonel John Glenn
Broadcast - 07/04/1968
Clip Length - 00:01:44
"Exponent of Sex" or "Much Ado About Nothing"?
Broadcast - 1967
Clip Length - 00:11:50
King of Belgium Plays Hurling
Broadcast - 17/05/1968
Clip Length - 00:01:07