Harry Hughes, Chairman of the Croagh Patrick Archaeological Group, explains Ireland's patron saint's connection with this mountain and why it is a place of pilgrimage.
- Title Centenary of the Church of Saint Patrick
- 1st Broadcast 17/03/2005
- ContributorMichelle McCaughren (Reporter)
- Clip Duration 00:01:20
- Material Type Video
- Series title RTÉ News
- Clip title In the Footsteps of Saint Patrick
- Extended description
RTÉ News reports from Croagh Patrick in County Mayo.The mountain is associated with Saint Patrick and pilgrimages to the top of the mountain are made regularly.
In this report, Harry Hughes chairman of the Croagh Patrick Archaeological Group talks to Michelle McCaughren of RTÉ about the lore attached to the mountain.
The clip includes scenic shots of Clew Bay on a clear day. Saint Patrick is the patron saint of Ireland and his feast day is celebrated on March 17th.
A RTÉ News report broadcast on St Patrick's Day 2005.
Saint Patrick is the patron saint of Ireland and his feast day is celebrated on March 17th.
- Local keywords Croagh Patrick, County Mayo, Clew Bay, Harry Hughes, Croagh Patrick Archeological Group, Pilgrimage
- Geographical coverage Croagh Patrick, Clew Bay, County Mayo, Ireland
- Topic National Holidays, Festivals, Anniversaries, Annual Events
- Publisher Broadcaster RTÉ
- First broadcast channel RTÉ One
- Production year 2005
- Country of production IRELAND
- Original identifier BN05/076
- IPR restrictions Rights Reserved - Free Access
- Rights terms and conditions
Copyright RTÉ. This material may not be replicated in any form or manner without the prior express permission of RTÉ. Any form of reproduction in print, television, video, multimedia, web site or other electronic media or any form of dissemination for commercial or non-commercial use must be licensed by the RTÉ Archives.
If you wish to licence video or audio clips, still images or text, or would like further guidance please contact us.
RTÉ Archives are committed to respecting the copyright of others and have attempted to source and credit the copyright owners of all material used here. RTÉ would like to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified here so that the necessary corrections can be made. If you feel your copyright has not been respected please contact us.
- Item type part/extract
- Item colour Colour
- Item sound Mono
- Aspect ratio 4:3
- Language used English (eng)
- Original language English (eng)
The Suffering Irish
Broadcast - 31/07/1970
Clip Length - 00:09:19
Paddy's Day in Moscow
Broadcast - 16/03/1993
Clip Length - 00:04:37
Shortest St Patrick's Day Parade
Broadcast - 17/03/1999
Clip Length - 00:00:33
Broadcast - 17/03/1966
Clip Length - 00:03:57
In the Footsteps of Saint Patrick
Broadcast - 17/03/2005
Clip Length - 00:01:20
H Block Protest Rerouted Abel Alarms Win
Broadcast - 17/03/1979
Clip Length - 00:09:03