A visit to Ireland's only moving crib at 30 Parnell Square, Dublin.
- Title Crib at 30 Parnell Square
- 1st Broadcast 25/12/1963
- ContributorMarie O'Sullivan (Reporter)
- Clip Duration 00:06:07
- Material Type Video
- Series title -
- Clip title Ireland's Only Moving Crib
- Extended description
The film shows shots of Dublin city centre at Christmas time and takes a look at the moving crib at 30 Parnell Square.
Reporter, Marie O'Sullivan, speaks to Fr. Louis Coffey, the man behind the crib.
Father Coffey set up the moving crib in 1956 as an effort to impress on the younger generation the full significance of the nativity. The moving crib at 30 Parnell Square has since entertained generations of Dubliners. Marie O'Sullivan describes the crib as the only one of its kind in Ireland and possibly the world.
A report on the only moving crib in Ireland at 30 Parnell Square.
This report was first broadcast on Christmas Day, 1963.
- Local keywords Christmas, Dublin, Parnell Square, Moving Crib, Religion, Marie O'Sullivan, Father Louis Coffey
- Geographical coverage Ireland, Dublin
- Genre Factual
- Topic National Holidays, Festivals, Anniversaries, Annual Events
- Publisher Broadcaster RTÉ
- First broadcast channel RTÉ
- Production year 1963
- Country of production Ireland
- Original identifier P111/00063
- IPR restrictions Rights Reserved - Free Access
- Rights terms and conditions
Copyright RTÉ. This material may not be replicated in any form or manner without the prior express permission of RTÉ. Any form of reproduction in print, television, video, multimedia, web site or other electronic media or any form of dissemination for commercial or non-commercial use must be licensed by the RTÉ Archives.
If you wish to licence video or audio clips, still images or text, or would like further guidance please contact us.
RTÉ Archives are committed to respecting the copyright of others and have attempted to source and credit the copyright owners of all material used here. RTÉ would like to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified here so that the necessary corrections can be made. If you feel your copyright has not been respected please contact us.
- Item type part/extract
- Item colour Black and White
- Item sound Mono
- Aspect ratio 4:3
- Language used English (eng)
Tell Santa What You Want For Christmas
Broadcast - 22/12/1967
Clip Length - 00:01:11
Monica Sheridan Stuffs the Lousiest Turkey Ever
Broadcast - 18/12/1987
Clip Length - 00:07:31
Darth Vader Storms the Set of 'The Late Late Toy Show'
Broadcast - 02/12/2005
Clip Length - 00:03:14
Elegant Christmas Shopping in London
Broadcast - 08/12/1989
Clip Length - 00:04:51
Ireland's Only Moving Crib
Broadcast - 25/12/1963
Clip Length - 00:06:07
Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
Broadcast - 11/12/1982
Clip Length - 00:01:34