Tá spraoi uilig na Nollag anseo. Daoine óga ag ceol agus ag rince ar an oileán, an turas farraige le dul ar aifreann i nDún Chaoin maidin Lae Nollag agus Dinnéar na Nollag mar a caitheadh é ar an Bhlascaod. Tá trácht aici ar chaid (peil) agus iomáint ar an trá faoi sholas an lae agus an rangás agus rince oíche Lae Nollag.
Peig talks about Christmas on the Great Blasket: young people singing and dancing on Christmas Eve. Mass in Dún Chaoin on Christmas Morning. Christmas dinner. Football and hurling on the beach. Christmas night songs and dancing
- Title Peig Sayers Lá Nollag
- Production Year 1947
- Clip Duration 00:02:22
- Material Type Audio
- Clip title Lá Nollag
The photograph accompanying this clip is reproduced with the kind permission of the National Folklore Collection, University College Dublin.
- Local keywords Peig Sayers, County Kerry, Storytelling, Folklore, National Folklore Collection, Radio Éireann, Seán Mac Réamoinn, Séamus Ennis, Leaving Certificate, Christmas
- Geographical coverage Blasket Islands, Kerry, Ireland
- Genre Factual
- Topic Arts and Culture
- First broadcast channel Radio Éireann
- Country of production Ireland
- Original identifier CD Track 9B
- IPR restrictions Rights Reserved - Free Access
- Rights terms and conditions
Copyright RTÉ. This material may not be replicated in any form or manner without the prior express permission of RTÉ. Any form of reproduction in print, television, video, multimedia, web site or other electronic media or any form of dissemination for commercial or non-commercial use must be licensed by the RTÉ Libraries and Archives.
If you wish to licence video or audio clips, still images or text, or would like further guidance please contact us.
RTÉ Libraries and Archives are committed to respecting the copyright of others and have attempted to source and credit the copyright owners of all material used here. RTÉ would like to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified here so that the necessary corrections can be made. If you feel your copyright has not been respected please contact us.
- Item type part/extract
- Item sound Mono