Léiríonn Peig an chodarsnacht mhór idir an Blascaod sa tsamhradh agus na gálaí gaoithe sa gheimhreadh. Cuireann sí béim ar chruashaol na n-iascairí agus iad amuigh ina naomhóga sa drochaimsir agus an bhuairt ar na mná ag feitheamh leo ar an oileán.
Peig reflects on how a pleasant place in summer is changed to one of the bleakest by winter storms. Treacherous seas threatening the lives of the local fishermen while worried women await their safe return to the storm-battered island.
- Title Peig Sayers Aimsir
- Production Year 1947
- Clip Duration 00:01:54
- Material Type Audio
- Clip title "Níl foscadh ná fothain ann"
The photograph accompanying this clip is reproduced with the kind permission of the National Folklore Collection, University College Dublin.
- Local keywords County Kerry, Storytelling, Folklore, National Folklore Collection, Radio Éireann, Seán Mac Réamoinn, Séamus Ennis, Leaving Certificate, Bo Almqvist, Pádraig Ó Héalaí
- Geographical coverage Kerry, Ireland
- Genre Factual
- Topic Arts and Culture
- First broadcast channel Radio Éireann
- Country of production Ireland
- Original identifier CD Track 13
- IPR restrictions Rights Reserved - Free Access
- Rights terms and conditions
Copyright RTÉ. This material may not be replicated in any form or manner without the prior express permission of RTÉ. Any form of reproduction in print, television, video, multimedia, web site or other electronic media or any form of dissemination for commercial or non-commercial use must be licensed by the RTÉ Libraries and Archives.
If you wish to licence video or audio clips, still images or text, or would like further guidance please contact us.
RTÉ Libraries and Archives are committed to respecting the copyright of others and have attempted to source and credit the copyright owners of all material used here. RTÉ would like to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified here so that the necessary corrections can be made. If you feel your copyright has not been respected please contact us.
- Item type part/extract
- Item sound Mono
- Language used Irish (gle)