Tá imeachtaí na féile mar a bhíodh ag tús an chéid seo caite faoi thrácht anseo. Daoine óga ag glanadh agus ag maisiú an tí roimh Oíche Nollag agus an dream óg aerach ag imeacht leis an Dreoilín ó theach go teach ar an oileán ag céiliúradh na féile.
Peig describes Christmas Eve at the beginning of the twentieth century: young people cleaning and decorating their homes and the Wren going from house to house.
- Title Peig Sayers Oíche Nollag
- Production Year 1947
- Clip Duration 00:01:49
- Material Type Audio
- Clip title Oíche Nollag
Peig Sayers 'Taifeadaí ón ghort' / Peig Sayers 'Field Recordings.
The photograph accompanying this clip is reproduced with the kind permission of the National Folklore Collection, University College Dublin.
- Local keywords Peig Sayers, County Kerry, Storytelling, Folklore, National Folklore Collection, Radio Éireann, Seán Mac Réamoinn, Séamus Ennis, Leaving Certificate, Christmas
- Geographical coverage Kerry, Ireland
- Topic Arts and Culture
- First broadcast channel Radio Éireann
- Country of production Ireland
- Original identifier CD Track 9A
- IPR restrictions Rights Reserved - Free Access
- Rights terms and conditions
Copyright RTÉ. This material may not be replicated in any form or manner without the prior express permission of RTÉ. Any form of reproduction in print, television, video, multimedia, web site or other electronic media or any form of dissemination for commercial or non-commercial use must be licensed by the RTÉ Archives.
If you wish to licence video or audio clips, still images or text, or would like further guidance please contact us.
RTÉ Archives are committed to respecting the copyright of others and have attempted to source and credit the copyright owners of all material used here. RTÉ would like to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified here so that the necessary corrections can be made. If you feel your copyright has not been respected please contact us.
- Item type part/extract
- Item sound Mono
- Language used Irish (gle)