Tá dhá phaidir traidisiúnta anseo ó bhéal Pheig. Deirtí an chéad phaidir le linn dul a chodhladh le cosaint Dé a fháil le linn na hoíche agus deirtí an dara paidir agus tú ag coigilt na tine le ádh a chinntiú don teaghlach a bhailigh thart uirthi.
Here is Peig reciting two traditional prayers. The first is said before going to sleep and the second when raking the embers of the fire.
- Title Peig Sayers Dhá Phaidir Traidisiúnta
- Production Year 1947
- Clip Duration 00:01:22
- Material Type Audio
- Clip title Dhá Phaidir Traidisiúnta
The photograph accompanying this clip is reproduced with the kind permission of the National Folklore Collection, University College Dublin.
- Local keywords County Kerry, Storytelling, Folklore, National Folklore Collection, Radio Éireann, Seán Mac Réamoinn, Séamus Ennis, Leaving Certificate,
- Geographical coverage Kerry, Ireland
- Topic Arts and Culture
- First broadcast channel Radio Éireann
- Country of production Ireland
- Original identifier CD Track 8
- IPR restrictions Rights Reserved - Free Access
- Rights terms and conditions
Copyright RTÉ. This material may not be replicated in any form or manner without the prior express permission of RTÉ. Any form of reproduction in print, television, video, multimedia, web site or other electronic media or any form of dissemination for commercial or non-commercial use must be licensed by the RTÉ Archives.
If you wish to licence video or audio clips, still images or text, or would like further guidance please contact us.
RTÉ Archives are committed to respecting the copyright of others and have attempted to source and credit the copyright owners of all material used here. RTÉ would like to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified here so that the necessary corrections can be made. If you feel your copyright has not been respected please contact us.
- Item type part/extract
- Item sound Mono
- Language used Irish (gle)