Children dressing up for Halloween in Bray, County Wicklow.
- Title Dressing Up for Halloween
- 1st Broadcast 31/10/1973
- Clip Duration 00:00:43
- Material Type Video
- Series title RTÉ News
- Clip title Dressing Up for Halloween
- Extended description
Pupils from St Kieran's School in County Wicklow putting on wigs and costumes, riding off on the back of a horse drawn cart and collecting apples from a local house.
Halloween (a shortening of All Hallows’ Evening) is a yearly holiday observed around the world on October 31, the night before All Saints' Day incorporates traditions from pagan harvest festivals and festivals honouring the dead, particularly the Celtic Samhain.
A RTÉ News report broadcast 31 October 1973.
- Local keywords Halloween, Dressing Up, Costumes, Bray, County Wicklow, St Kierans School, Travellers
- Geographical coverage Wicklow, Ireland
- Topic National Holidays, Festivals, Anniversaries, Annual Events
- First broadcast channel RTÉ
- Production year 1973
- Country of production IRELAND
- Original identifier N305/0073H
- IPR restrictions Rights Reserved - Free Access
- Rights terms and conditions
Copyright RTÉ. This material may not be replicated in any form or manner without the prior express permission of RTÉ. Any form of reproduction in print, television, video, multimedia, web site or other electronic media or any form of dissemination for commercial or non-commercial use must be licensed by the RTÉ Archives.
If you wish to licence video or audio clips, still images or text, or would like further guidance please contact us.
RTÉ Archives are committed to respecting the copyright of others and have attempted to source and credit the copyright owners of all material used here. RTÉ would like to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified here so that the necessary corrections can be made. If you feel your copyright has not been respected please contact us.
- Item type part/extract
- Item colour Colour
- Item sound Mono
- Aspect ratio 4:3
- Language used English (eng)
- Original language English (eng)