Michael McDowell of the Progressive Democrats and John Gormley of the Green Party clash on the streets of the Dublin suburb Ranelagh.
- Title Heated Exchanges Between McDowell and Gormley
- 1st Broadcast 17/05/2007
- ContributorDavid McCullagh (Reporter)
- Clip Duration 00:04:20
- Material Type Video
- Series title RTÉ News
- Clip title Political Rumble In Ranelagh
- Extended description
The Progressive Democrats, Michael McDowell has taken his party's fight for political survival to the streets of Dublin. Mr McDowell was back up his favourite lamp-post this afternoon to unveil a PD poster warning against a left wing government. But the stunt appeared to backfire when the PD leader was ambushed by constituency rival John Gormley of the Green Party. There were heated exchanges between the two, with Michael McDowell claiming the Greens want to raise taxes and John Gormley accusing McDowell of lies and smear tactics.
The report also includes interviews with Enda Kenny and Matin Cullen and covers press coferences from the Labour Party and Fianna Fáil.
A RTÉ News report on the campaign for the 2007 general election broadcast 17 May 2007.
- Local keywords General Election 2007, John Gormley, Green Party, Michael McDowell, Progressive Democrats, Ranelagh, Campaigning, Fine Gael, Fianna Fáil, Labour Party, Enda Kenny, Martin Cullen, Pat Rabbitte, Lucinda Creighton
- Geographical coverage Ireland
- Topic Politics and Economics
- Publisher Broadcaster RTÉ
- First broadcast channel RTÉ One
- Production year 2007
- Country of production IRELAND
- Original identifier BN07/00136
- IPR restrictions Rights Reserved - Free Access
- Rights terms and conditions
Copyright RTÉ. This material may not be replicated in any form or manner without the prior express permission of RTÉ. Any form of reproduction in print, television, video, multimedia, web site or other electronic media or any form of dissemination for commercial or non-commercial use must be licensed by the RTÉ Libraries and Archives.
If you wish to licence video or audio clips, still images or text, or would like further guidance please contact us.
RTÉ Libraries and Archives are committed to respecting the copyright of others and have attempted to source and credit the copyright owners of all material used here. RTÉ would like to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified here so that the necessary corrections can be made. If you feel your copyright has not been respected please contact us.
- Item type part/extract
- Item colour Black and White
- Item sound Mono
- Aspect ratio 16:9 (widescreen)
- Language used English (eng)
- Original language English (eng)
Political Rumble In Ranelagh
Broadcast - 17/05/2007
Clip Length - 00:04:20
Environmental Impact of Election Campaigning
Broadcast - 30/04/2007
Clip Length - 00:02:07
How Important Are Election Posters?
Broadcast - 02/05/2007
Clip Length - 00:01:54
Largest Coverage of Election by RTÉ
Broadcast - 24/05/2007
Clip Length - 00:01:49
- General Election 1965
- General Election 1969
- General Election 1973
- General Election 1977
- General Election 1981
- General Election February 1982
- General Election November 1982
- General Election 1987
- General Election 1989
- General Election 1992
- General Election 1997
- General Election 2002
- General Election 2007
- General Election 2011