Candidates give their reaction to the electronic counts on 'Morning Ireland'.
- Title General Election 2002
- 1st Broadcast 18/05/2002
- ContributorMartina Fitzgerald (Reporter)
- Clip Duration 00:04:38
- Material Type Audio
- Series title Morning Ireland
- Clip title Candidates Unhappy with Electronic Count
- Extended description
Candidates give their reaction to the electronic counts to "Morning Ireland". Neither the winners nor the losers are happy with the method of presentation of the results.
Joe Higgins of the Socialist Party, remarks that, "If the last two hours is anything to go by, bring back the tally people... We weren't subjected to the type of shambles that we have here".
Nora Owen of Fine Gael does not believe that, "...it was handled tonight in a way that had any dignity or humanity in it".
'Morning Ireland' is a breakfast news and current affairs programme broadcasting on RTÉ Radio 1 on weekdays since 1984. Special editions of 'Morning Ireland' are broadcast the weekends of major events. 'Morning Ireland' is Ireland's most listened to radio programme.
- Local keywords Politics, Elections, Debates, Fianna Fail, Fine Gael, Joe Higgins, Nora Owen
- Geographical coverage Ireland
- Topic Politics and Economics
- Publisher Broadcaster RTÉ
- First broadcast channel RTÉ Radio One
- Production year 2002
- Country of production Ireland
- Original identifier RCD180502
- IPR restrictions Rights Reserved - Free Access
- Rights terms and conditions
Copyright RTÉ. This material may not be replicated in any form or manner without the prior express permission of RTÉ. Any form of reproduction in print, television, video, multimedia, web site or other electronic media or any form of dissemination for commercial or non-commercial use must be licensed by the RTÉ Libraries and Archives.
If you wish to licence video or audio clips, still images or text, or would like further guidance please contact us.
RTÉ Libraries and Archives are committed to respecting the copyright of others and have attempted to source and credit the copyright owners of all material used here. RTÉ would like to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified here so that the necessary corrections can be made. If you feel your copyright has not been respected please contact us.
- Item type part/extract
- Item sound Stereo
- Language used English (eng)
- Original language English (eng)
Candidates Unhappy with Electronic Count
Broadcast - 18/05/2002
Clip Length - 00:04:38
Fine Gael Leader Resigns
Broadcast - 18/05/2002
Clip Length - 00:05:59
- 1965 General Election
- 1969 General Election
- 1973 General Election
- 1977 General Election
- 1981 General Election
- 1982 General Election February
- 1982 General Election November
- 1987 General Election
- 1989 General Election
- 1992 General Election
- 1997 General Election
- 2002 General Election
- 2007 General Election
- 2011 General Election