As the count in the Dublin South East constituency drags on John Gormley of the Green Party says it is time for computerised voting.
- Title Dublin South East Recount
- 1st Broadcast 09/06/1997
- ContributorPaul Cunningham (Reporter)
- Clip Duration 00:01:53
- Material Type Video
- Series title RTÉ News
- Clip title Gormley Calls for Electronic Voting
- Extended description
RTÉ News reports from the count centre in the Royal Dublin Society. The count is dragging on in the Dublin South-East constituency between John Gormley of the Green Party and Michael McDowell of the Progressive Democrats.
John Gormley feels that it is time to use modern technology and use computerised voting. John Gormley went on to win the seat and become the Green Party's second elected TD (Teachta Dála) or member of parliament.
A RTÉ News report on the long time it was taking to get a result at the count for Dublin South East during the 1997 general election.
Broadcast 09 June 1997
- Local keywords John Gormley, Green Party, General Election 1997, Dublin South East constituency, Proportional Representation, Royal Dublin Society
- Geographical coverage Dublin, Ireland
- Genre News
- Topic Politics and Economics
- Publisher Broadcaster RTÉ
- First broadcast channel RTÉ One
- Production year 1997
- Country of production IRELAND
- Original identifier BN97/160
- IPR restrictions Rights Reserved - Free Access
- Rights terms and conditions
Copyright RTÉ. This material may not be replicated in any form or manner without the prior express permission of RTÉ. Any form of reproduction in print, television, video, multimedia, web site or other electronic media or any form of dissemination for commercial or non-commercial use must be licensed by the RTÉ Libraries and Archives.
If you wish to licence video or audio clips, still images or text, or would like further guidance please contact us.
RTÉ Libraries and Archives are committed to respecting the copyright of others and have attempted to source and credit the copyright owners of all material used here. RTÉ would like to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified here so that the necessary corrections can be made. If you feel your copyright has not been respected please contact us.
- Item type part/extract
- Item colour Colour
- Item sound Mono
- Aspect ratio 4:3
- Language used English (eng)
- Original language English (eng)
Presiding Officer Loses After Photograph With Bertie
Broadcast - 07/06/1997
Clip Length - 00:05:00
"Canvassing is a Hypocritical Practice"
Broadcast - 03/06/1997
Clip Length - 00:03:50
Harney and Spring Clash
Broadcast - 03/06/1997
Clip Length - 00:01:58
Reaction to John Bruton and Bertie Ahern TV Debate
Broadcast - 06/06/1997
Clip Length - 00:05:23
Gormley Calls for Electronic Voting
Broadcast - 09/06/1997
Clip Length - 00:01:53
- 1965 General Election
- 1969 General Election
- 1973 General Election
- 1977 General Election
- 1981 General Election
- 1982 General Election February
- 1982 General Election November
- 1987 General Election
- 1989 General Election
- 1992 General Election
- 1997 General Election
- 2002 General Election
- 2007 General Election
- 2011 General Election