Pat Kenny describes the growing importance of computers in the television presentation and analysis of election results.
- Title Computerization of Election Results
- 1st Broadcast 25/11/1982
- ContributorPat Kenny (Reporter)
- Clip Duration 00:02:02
- Material Type Video
- Series title Today Tonight
- Clip title Computerization of Election Results
- Extended description
Pat Kenny of RTÉ describes the growing importance of computers in the television presentation and analysis of election results.He explains the use of hardware from Digitel and Apple and the function of the VT 30 machine. The report is illustrated with screen graphics. Professor Richard Sinnott of University College Dublin explains the human factor.
This clip is taken from a special edition of 'Today Tonight' covering the 1982 November general election results.
'Today Tonight' was a RTÉ current affairs programme with up-to-the-minute coverage of events at home and abroad. 'Today Tonight' was first broadcast on Monday, 6 October, 1980 and ran for 12 years until 1992. Edited by Joe Mulholland, the original presenters included Barry Cowan, Brian Farrell and Olivia O'Leary. 'Today Tonight' aired from Monday to Thursday on RTÉ 1.
- Local keywords Pat Kenny, General Election 1982, UCD, Richard Sinnott, University College Dublin
- Geographical coverage Ireland
- Topic Politics and Economics
- Publisher Broadcaster RTÉ
- First broadcast channel RTÉ One
- Production year 1982
- Country of production IRELAND
- Original identifier 96D/00217
- IPR restrictions Rights Reserved - Free Access
- Rights terms and conditions
Copyright RTÉ. This material may not be replicated in any form or manner without the prior express permission of RTÉ. Any form of reproduction in print, television, video, multimedia, web site or other electronic media or any form of dissemination for commercial or non-commercial use must be licensed by the RTÉ Libraries and Archives.
If you wish to licence video or audio clips, still images or text, or would like further guidance please contact us.
RTÉ Libraries and Archives are committed to respecting the copyright of others and have attempted to source and credit the copyright owners of all material used here. RTÉ would like to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified here so that the necessary corrections can be made. If you feel your copyright has not been respected please contact us.
- Item type part/extract
- Item colour Colour
- Item sound Mono
- Aspect ratio 4:3
- Language used English (eng)
- Original language English (eng)
- General Election 1965
- General Election 1969
- General Election 1973
- General Election 1977
- General Election 1981
- General Election February 1982
- General Election November 1982
- General Election 1987
- General Election 1989
- General Election 1992
- General Election 1997
- General Election 2002
- General Election 2007
- General Election 2011