In the final episode of 'Questions and Answers', presenter John Bowman introduces some of the more memorable audience contributions over the years.
- Title Questions and Answers - The Finale
- 1st Broadcast 29/06/2009
- ContributorJohn Bowman (Presenter)
- Clip Duration 00:03:26
- Material Type Video
- Series title Questions and Answers
- Clip title The Final Questions and Answers
- Extended description
The final episode of 'Questions and Answers' provides an ecclectic overview of some memorable audience contributions to the programme over the past 23 years. Included are contributions from Liz O'Donnell (1991), Finian McGrath (1997), Leo Varadkar (2000) and Eamon Ryan (1997).
The programme also touches on diverse issues such as the Bishop Casey Affair and the renaming of Dingle as An Daingean featuring a clip of Jackie Healy-Rae.
The final clip from 23 June 2008 shows John Bowman and panelist Willie O'Dea joking about 2,500 men and women stripping off in Sandymount for a Spencer Tunik photograph.
'Questions and Answers' was a topical debate series where members of the panel are challenged with questions set by an invited audience. The series was presented by John Bowman for 21 years and previously by Olivia O'Leary.
'Questions and Answers' was the second longest running show on RTÉ next to 'The Late Late Show' and ran for 23 years from 1986 to 2009.
- Local keywords Television, Broadcasting, Newsroom, Television Studios, Questions and Answers, John Bowman, Liz O'Donnell, Finian McGrath, Leo Varadkar, Eamon Ryan, Jackie Healy Rae, Willie O'Dea
- Geographical coverage Ireland
- Genre Factual
- Topic The Media
- Publisher Broadcaster RTÉ
- First broadcast channel RTÉ One
- Production year 2009
- Country of production IRELAND
- Original identifier PXD9/01983
- IPR restrictions Rights Reserved - Free Access
- Rights terms and conditions
Copyright RTÉ. This material may not be replicated in any form or manner without the prior express permission of RTÉ. Any form of reproduction in print, television, video, multimedia, web site or other electronic media or any form of dissemination for commercial or non-commercial use must be licensed by the RTÉ Libraries and Archives.
If you wish to licence video or audio clips, still images or text, or would like further guidance please contact us.
RTÉ Libraries and Archives are committed to respecting the copyright of others and have attempted to source and credit the copyright owners of all material used here. RTÉ would like to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified here so that the necessary corrections can be made. If you feel your copyright has not been respected please contact us.
- Item type part/extract
- Item colour Colour
- Item sound Mono
- Aspect ratio 16:9 (widescreen)
- Language used English (eng)
- Original language English (eng)
World Audiovisual Archive Day
Broadcast - 26/10/2008
Clip Length - 00:01:53
Pat Kenny Tells Viewers He Will Step Down As Late Late Show Host
Broadcast - 27/03/2009
Clip Length - 00:01:22
Seamus Heaney is 70
Broadcast - 13/04/2009
Clip Length - 00:01:35
New Presenter for World's Longest Running Chat Show
Broadcast - 11/05/2009
Clip Length - 00:01:40
The Final Questions and Answers
Broadcast - 29/06/2009
Clip Length - 00:03:26