2RN left the cramped conditions of its single studio in Little Denmark Street in 1928 and moved into its new headquarters in the General Post Office.

The GPO had been re-constructed after shelling by British forces during the 1916 Rising. 2RN's move to the GPO in O'Connell Street meant that the station now had three studios. One for drama, one for music and one for the announcer.