A 19 year old Marian Finucane in a student occupation of 45 Saint Stephen's Green where they are carrying out work to restore the partially demolished building.
- Title Marian Finucane Architectural Student and Activist
- 1st Broadcast 14/01/1970
- ContributorPatrick Gallagher (Reporter)
- Clip Duration 00:00:55
- Material Type Video
- Series title Wednesday Report
- Clip title 19 Year Old Marian Finucane Protests on Stephen's Green
- Extended description
Patrick Gallagher talks to Marian Finucane about her motivations for spending Christmas week cleaning door posts on Stephen's Green. Finucane feels it is her responsibility as an architectural student and as a Dubliner to protect these buildings.
Finucane practised architecture until 1974 when she joined RTÉ as a continuity announcer, later becoming a presenter. In 1979 she received a Jacob's Award for her work on the programme 'Women Today'. Finucane also presented the radio programme 'Liveline', and worked on television programmes 'Consumer Choice' and 'Crime Line'. She now presents 'The Marian Finucane Show' on RTÉ Radio 1.
The report for the programme 'Wednesday Report' was recorded during Christmas week of 1969.
'Wednesday Report' was a weekly series presenting a report on and analysis of a matter of current public concern, at home or abroad.
- Local keywords Marian Finucane, Architecture, Fame, Protest, 1969, Stephens Green,
- Geographical coverage Ireland, Dublin
- Topic Arts and Culture
- Publisher Broadcaster RTÉ
- First broadcast channel RTÉ One
- Production year 1969
- Country of production Ireland
- Original identifier BA191
- IPR restrictions Rights Reserved - Free Access
- Rights terms and conditions
Copyright RTÉ. This material may not be replicated in any form or manner without the prior express permission of RTÉ. Any form of reproduction in print, television, video, multimedia, web site or other electronic media or any form of dissemination for commercial or non-commercial use must be licensed by the RTÉ Archives.
If you wish to licence video or audio clips, still images or text, or would like further guidance please contact us.
RTÉ Archives are committed to respecting the copyright of others and have attempted to source and credit the copyright owners of all material used here. RTÉ would like to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified here so that the necessary corrections can be made. If you feel your copyright has not been respected please contact us.
- Item type part/extract
- Item colour Black and White
- Item sound Mono
- Aspect ratio 4:3
- Language used English (eng)
- Original language English (eng)