Dublin dockers and Moore Street traders attend masses for the dead President.
- Title Masses in Dublin for President Kennedy
- 1st Broadcast 26/11/1963
- Clip Duration 00:00:44
- Material Type Video
- Series title RTÉ News
- Clip title Dockers and Street Traders Pay Their Respects
- Extended description
Tuesday 26 November 1963 was a national day of mourning in Ireland for President Kennedy. Many businesses shut down so that staff could attend special services and masses held throughout the country that morning.
This mute RTÉ News report shows Dubliners arriving for mass at various churches in the city, including St Nicholas. Dockers march to the Church of St Laurence O’Toole in Seville Place. Moore Street traders enter St Saviour’s Church in Dominick Street.
A RTÉ News report on masses for President Kennedy, who had been assassinated in Dallas, Texas on 22 November 1963.
This report was broadcast on 26 November 1963.
This clip is mute.
- Local keywords President Kennedy, John F. Kennedy, JFK, Church of St Nicholas, Dockers, Church of St Laurence O’Toole, Seville Place, Moore Street, Moore Street traders, St Saviour’s Church, Dominick Street, Dublin
- Geographical coverage Ireland
- Genre News
- Topic Politics and Economics
- First broadcast channel Telefís Éireann
- Production year 1963
- Country of production Ireland
- Original identifier N715/00063
- IPR restrictions Rights Reserved - Free Access
- Rights terms and conditions
Copyright RTÉ. This material may not be replicated in any form or manner without the prior express permission of RTÉ. Any form of reproduction in print, television, video, multimedia, web site or other electronic media or any form of dissemination for commercial or non-commercial use must be licensed by the RTÉ Archives.
If you wish to licence video or audio clips, still images or text, or would like further guidance please contact us.
RTÉ Archives are committed to respecting the copyright of others and have attempted to source and credit the copyright owners of all material used here. RTÉ would like to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified here so that the necessary corrections can be made. If you feel your copyright has not been respected please contact us.
- Item type part/extract
- Item colour Black and White
- Item sound Mute
- Aspect ratio 4:3
- Language used English (eng)
- Original language English (eng)
Dockers and Street Traders Pay Their Respects
Broadcast - 26/11/1963
Clip Length - 00:00:44
The Murdered King by Patrick Kavanagh
Production Year - 1963
Contributor - Patrick Kavanagh (Writer)