The reaction among people in Dublin to the introduction of the Euro currency.
- Title Views on the Introduction of Euro
- 1st Broadcast 02/01/2002
- ContributorMichael O'Kane (Reporter)
- Clip Duration 00:01:45
- Material Type Video
- Series title RTÉ News
- Clip title Reaction to the Euro
- Extended description
A RTÉ News report on reactions to the Euro currency which was introduced in Ireland on 2 January 2002.
While most had a positive experience of the change over, there was some confusion.
A Dublin cafe owner, a public phone user, a busker and a taxi driver talk about the currency changeover. Phillip Hamell of the Euro Changeover Board also discusses the EURO and notes that patience is required during the transition period.
A RTÉ News report by Michael O'Kane on reactions to the Euro currency on the day of it was introduced in Ireland on 2 January 2002.
- Local keywords Euro currency, Dublin, Grafton Street, Euro Changeover Board, Philip Hamell, Vox Pop, Buskers, Price List, Being European, European, Nationality, Citizenship, Europe
- Geographical coverage Ireland
- Genre News
- Topic Society and Social Issues
- Publisher Broadcaster RTÉ
- First broadcast channel RTÉ One
- Production year 2002
- Country of production IRELAND
- Original identifier BN02/002
- IPR restrictions Rights Reserved - Free Access
- Rights terms and conditions
Copyright RTÉ. This material may not be replicated in any form or manner without the prior express permission of RTÉ. Any form of reproduction in print, television, video, multimedia, web site or other electronic media or any form of dissemination for commercial or non-commercial use must be licensed by the RTÉ Archives.
If you wish to licence video or audio clips, still images or text, or would like further guidance please contact us.
RTÉ Archives are committed to respecting the copyright of others and have attempted to source and credit the copyright owners of all material used here. RTÉ would like to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified here so that the necessary corrections can be made. If you feel your copyright has not been respected please contact us.
- Item type part/extract
- Item colour Colour
- Item sound Mono
- Aspect ratio 4:3
- Language used English (eng)
- Original language English (eng)