Members of the band 'Kíla' busk on the streets of Ennis, Co. Clare.
- Title Kíla at Slógadh 1988
- 1st Broadcast 16/04/1988
- ContributorCliona Ní Bhuachall
Donal Mac an Rí
- Clip Duration 00:02:44
- Material Type Video
- Series title Puirini
- Clip title Kíla Busking in Ennis
- Extended description
Members of the original line-up of the group 'Kíla' busk on the streets of Ennis during Slógadh in 1988.
Presenters Cliona Ní Bhuachall and Donal Mac an Rí speak to Kila members Colm Mac Con Iomaire and Rossa Ó Snodaigh.
This episode of 'Puirini' was first broadcast on 16 April 1988 and repeated on 30 June 1988.
Slógadh was a competition for young people in drama, music and dancing and it attracted large numbers of participants from around the country. It was organised by Gael Linn, the organisation which endeavours to promote the Irish language through music, sport, song and other activities.
- Local keywords Slógadh, Kíla, Traditional Music, Busking, Ennis, Clare, Puirini, Colm Mac Con Iomaire, Rossa Ó Snodaigh
- Geographical coverage Ireland
- Genre Entertainment and Performing Arts
- Topic Arts and Culture
- Publisher Broadcaster RTÉ
- First broadcast channel RTÉ One
- Production year 1988
- Country of production Ireland
- Original identifier 99D00539
- IPR restrictions Rights Reserved - Free Access
- Rights terms and conditions
Copyright RTÉ. This material may not be replicated in any form or manner without the prior express permission of RTÉ. Any form of reproduction in print, television, video, multimedia, web site or other electronic media or any form of dissemination for commercial or non-commercial use must be licensed by the RTÉ Archives.
If you wish to licence video or audio clips, still images or text, or would like further guidance please contact us.
RTÉ Archives are committed to respecting the copyright of others and have attempted to source and credit the copyright owners of all material used here. RTÉ would like to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified here so that the necessary corrections can be made. If you feel your copyright has not been respected please contact us.
- Item type part/extract
- Item colour Colour
- Item sound Mono
- Aspect ratio 16:9 (widescreen)
- Language used English (eng)
- Original language English (eng)
'I Am Thinking Ever Thinking'
Broadcast - 27/04/1981
Clip Length - 00:06:53
Three Reels from the Kilfenora Céilí Band
Broadcast - 17/11/1982
Clip Length - 00:04:13
Shannon and O'Shaughnessy Play Set of Reels
Broadcast - 14/01/1988
Clip Length - 00:04:01
Longest Running TV Programme on Irish traditional Music
Broadcast - 22/10/2010
Clip Length - 00:03:52
Kíla Busking in Ennis
Broadcast - 16/04/1988
Clip Length - 00:02:44
Broadcast - 04/10/2002
Clip Length - 00:09:56