Sharon Shannon on accordion and Paul O'Shaughnessy on fiddle play a set of reels.
- Title Sharon Shannon and Paul O'Shaughnessy
- 1st Broadcast 14/01/1988
- ContributorJames Kelly (Presenter)
Tony MacMahon (Producer)
- Clip Duration 00:04:01
- Material Type Video
- Series title The Pure Drop
- Clip title Shannon and O'Shaughnessy Play Set of Reels
- Extended description
An extract from an episode of the traditional music series 'The Pure Drop'. James Kelly introduces the final performance of the show. Sharon Shannon on accordion and Paul O'Shaughnessy on fiddle play a set of reels. Closing credits over the perfomance. The programme was recorded in Ballyferriter, Kerry.
'The Pure Drop' is described by the RTÉ Guide in 1988 as, "A nine part traditional music series featuring the best solo instrumentalists playing in Ireland today and occasionally featuring small groups." Presenter James Kelly is a renowned fiddle player. The extract shown here is from the second programme in the series and was recorded in Ballyferriter, county Kerry in 1987. The programme was first broadcast on 14 January 1988.
- Local keywords Traditional Music, Music, Sharon Shannon, Paul O'Shaughnessy, Ballyferriter, County Kerry, Accordion, Fiddle
- Geographical coverage Ireland
- Genre Entertainment and Performing Arts
- Topic Arts and Culture
- Publisher Broadcaster RTÉ
- First broadcast channel RTÉ One
- Production year 1987
- Country of production IRELAND
- Original identifier 96D01021
- IPR restrictions Rights Reserved - Free Access
- Rights terms and conditions
Copyright RTÉ. This material may not be replicated in any form or manner without the prior express permission of RTÉ. Any form of reproduction in print, television, video, multimedia, web site or other electronic media or any form of dissemination for commercial or non-commercial use must be licensed by the RTÉ Archives. If you wish to licence video or audio clips, still images or text, or would like further guidance please contact us.
RTÉ Archives are committed to respecting the copyright of others and have attempted to source and credit the copyright owners of all material used here.
RTÉ would like to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified here so that the necessary corrections can be made. If you feel your copyright has not been respected please contact us.
- Item type part/extract
- Item colour Colour
- Item sound Stereo
- Aspect ratio 4:3
- Language used English (eng)
'I Am Thinking Ever Thinking'
Broadcast - 27/04/1981
Clip Length - 00:06:53
Three Reels from the Kilfenora Céilí Band
Broadcast - 17/11/1982
Clip Length - 00:04:13
Shannon and O'Shaughnessy Play Set of Reels
Broadcast - 14/01/1988
Clip Length - 00:04:01
Longest Running TV Programme on Irish traditional Music
Broadcast - 22/10/2010
Clip Length - 00:03:52
Kíla Busking in Ennis
Broadcast - 16/04/1988
Clip Length - 00:02:44
Broadcast - 04/10/2002
Clip Length - 00:09:56