Tá Seán Bán Breathnach ar bís i rith troid Katie Taylor i gcoinne Sofya Ochigava sna Cluichí Oilimpeacha i Londain. Tá áthas an domhain air nuair a bhaineann sí an cluiche 10-8.
An emotional Seán Bán Breathnach describes the action as Katie Taylor defeats Sofya Ochigava 10-8 and wins gold at the London Olympics.
- Title Emotional Win For Katie Taylor
- 1st Broadcast 09/08/2012
- ContributorSeán Bán Breathnach (Commentator)
- Clip Duration 00:05:27
- Material Type Audio
- Clip title Kate Taylor Wins Gold
- Extended description
Seán Bán Breathnach gave an emotional commentary when Katie Taylor earned the title of Olympic Champion in August, 2012. During the fight, SBB became overcome with the whole emotion of it all which is evident from the closing moments of the fight.
This clip is taken from RTÉ Raidió na Gaeltachta coverage of the Katie Taylor win at the ExCel Centre, London on 9 August, 2012.
There was a tense wait for the final result but for Breathnach there was only one winner.
- Local keywords Seán Bán Breathnach, SBB, Katie Taylor, Olympics, Raidió na Gaeltachta, RnaG, London 2012,
- Geographical coverage Ireland, London
- Genre Sport
- Topic Sport
- Publisher Broadcaster RTÉ
- First broadcast channel RTÉ Raidió na Gaeltachta
- Production year 2012
- Country of production Ireland
- Original identifier RnaG
- IPR restrictions Rights Reserved - Free Access
- Rights terms and conditions
Copyright RTÉ. This material may not be replicated in any form or manner without the prior express permission of RTÉ. Any form of reproduction in print, television, video, multimedia, web site or other electronic media or any form of dissemination for commercial or non-commercial use must be licensed by the RTÉ Archives.
If you wish to licence video or audio clips, still images or text, or would like further guidance please contact us.
RTÉ Archives are committed to respecting the copyright of others and have attempted to source and credit the copyright owners of all material used here. RTÉ would like to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified here so that the necessary corrections can be made. If you feel your copyright has not been respected please contact us.
- Item type part/extract
- Item sound Mono
- Language used Irish (gle)
- Original language Irish (gle)