When Dermot Lennon becomes the first Irishman to win a gold medal at the World Equestrian Games in 2002, commentator Michael Slavin pays tribute to him in song.
- Title Commentator Breaks into Song
- 1st Broadcast 22/09/2002
- ContributorMichael Slavin
- Clip Duration 00:03:08
- Material Type Audio
- Series title Sunday Sport
- Clip title Michael Slavin Breaks Into Song
- Extended description
Dermot Lennon won the Individual gold medal in the 2002 Show Jumping World Championships riding Liscalgot. This was Ireland's first ever win at the World Championships.
This episode of 'Sunday Sport' was broadcast on 22 September, 2002.
The accompanying image shows Dermot Lennon on the gold medal plinth at the World Equestrian Games, 2002.
- Local keywords Michael Slavin, Dermot Lennon, Sunday Sport, World Equestrian Games, Sports Commentator
- Geographical coverage Ireland
- Topic Sport
- Publisher Broadcaster RTÉ
- First broadcast channel RTÉ
- Production year 2002
- Country of production Ireland
- Original identifier RCD_220902
- IPR restrictions Rights Reserved - Free Access
- Rights terms and conditions
Copyright RTÉ. This material may not be replicated in any form or manner without the prior express permission of RTÉ. Any form of reproduction in print, television, video, multimedia, web site or other electronic media or any form of dissemination for commercial or non-commercial use must be licensed by the RTÉ Archives.
If you wish to licence video or audio clips, still images or text, or would like further guidance please contact us.
RTÉ Archives are committed to respecting the copyright of others and have attempted to source and credit the copyright owners of all material used here. RTÉ would like to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified here so that the necessary corrections can be made. If you feel your copyright has not been respected please contact us.
- Item type part/extract
- Item sound Mono
- Language used English (eng)
- Original language English (eng)