Eddie Macken rides Schalkaar to win a grand prix in Dublin twenty years after becoming the world's number one.
- Title Show Jumping Grand Prix in Dublin
- 1st Broadcast 29/09/1996
- ContributorMichael Slavin
- Clip Duration 00:02:38
- Material Type Audio
- Series title Sunday Sport
- Clip title First Grand Prix For Eddie Macken
- Extended description
Twenty years after first becoming the world's number one and having won events around the world, Eddie Macken rides Schalkaar to win a grand prix in Dublin for the first time in eighteen attempts.
'Sunday Sport' is a weekly sports programme on RTÉ Radio 1 covering all the sporting action.
This episode of 'Sunday Sport' was broadcast on 29 September, 1996.
The accompanying image shows Eddie Macken, Irish champion showjumper.
© RTÉ Archives 0605/052
- Local keywords Eddie Macken, Schalkaar, Grand Prix, Michael Slavin
- Geographical coverage Ireland
- Topic Sport
- Publisher Broadcaster RTÉ
- First broadcast channel RTÉ
- Production year 1996
- Country of production Ireland
- Original identifier AA10290
- IPR restrictions Rights Reserved - Free Access
- Rights terms and conditions
Copyright RTÉ. This material may not be replicated in any form or manner without the prior express permission of RTÉ. Any form of reproduction in print, television, video, multimedia, web site or other electronic media or any form of dissemination for commercial or non-commercial use must be licensed by the RTÉ Archives.
If you wish to licence video or audio clips, still images or text, or would like further guidance please contact us.
RTÉ Archives are committed to respecting the copyright of others and have attempted to source and credit the copyright owners of all material used here. RTÉ would like to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified here so that the necessary corrections can be made. If you feel your copyright has not been respected please contact us.
- Item type part/extract
- Item sound Mono
- Language used English (eng)
- Original language English (eng)