Greg Allen's commentary as Sonia O'Sullivan takes the silver medal in the five thousand metres at the 2000 Olympic Games when finishing just 23 hundredths of a second behind Gabriela Szabo.
- Title Sonia O’Sullivan Wins Olympic Silver Medal
- 1st Broadcast 25/09/2000
- ContributorGreg Allen
- Clip Duration 00:01:54
- Material Type Audio
- Series title Today With Pat Kenny
- Clip title Olympic Silver for O'Sullivan
- Extended description
Greg Allen has covered every major championship track race that Sonia O'Sullivan has competed in since making her debut at the European Athletic Championships in 1990. He has reported on or commentated on all her medal-winning performances, which have included three World Championship gold medals, three European Championship golds and of course her Olympic silver in Sydney in 2000.
'Today with Pat Kenny' is a mid-morning current affairs magazine programme with the stories of the day, sharp analysis, in-depth features and consumer interest. 'Today with Pat Kenny' is presented by Pat Kenny and broadcast on RTÉ Radio One.
This episode of 'Today with Pat Kenny' was broadcast on 25 September, 2000.
The image accompanying this clip shows Sonia O'Sullivan with her Olympic Silver medal in 2000.
- Local keywords Greg Allen, Radio Commentator, Sonia O'Sullivan, Olympics
- Geographical coverage Ireland
- Topic Sport
- Publisher Broadcaster RTÉ
- First broadcast channel RTÉ Radio One
- Production year 2000
- Country of production Ireland
- Original identifier RCD 25092000
- IPR restrictions Rights Reserved - Free Access
- Rights terms and conditions
Copyright RTÉ. This material may not be replicated in any form or manner without the prior express permission of RTÉ. Any form of reproduction in print, television, video, multimedia, web site or other electronic media or any form of dissemination for commercial or non-commercial use must be licensed by the RTÉ Archives.
If you wish to licence video or audio clips, still images or text, or would like further guidance please contact us.
RTÉ Archives are committed to respecting the copyright of others and have attempted to source and credit the copyright owners of all material used here. RTÉ would like to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified here so that the necessary corrections can be made. If you feel your copyright has not been respected please contact us.
- Item type part/extract
- Item sound Mono
- Language used English (eng)
- Original language English (eng)