'Jo Maxi' compares teenage romance in Paris and Donegal in these Valentine's Day vox pops.
- Title French and Irish Teenagers on Valentine's Day
- 1st Broadcast 14/02/1990
- ContributorClíona Ní Bhuachalla (Presenter)
Ray D'Arcy (Presenter)
- Clip Duration 00:04:57
- Material Type Video
- Series title Jo Maxi
- Clip title French vs Irish Romance
- Extended description
'Jo Maxi' presenter Clíona Ní Bhuachalla goes to Paris to see how French teenagers will be spending Valentine's Day while Ray D'Arcy pays a visit to Donegal.
Students at the Convent of Mercy in Ballyshannon tell Ray what they think of French and Irish romance. Clíona says that the French have romance in their blood. The Irish teenagers think Irish men are romantic too, but that the French express themselves more easily. The girls of both nationalities would like flowers on Valentine's Day.
'Jo Maxi' was a youth lifestyle programme targeted at 10 to 14 year olds. The programme contained features on a broad range of topics including animals, fashion, music, books and profiles of young people voicing their views on various subjects. The original presenters on the show were Ray D'Arcy, Geri Lalor, Clíona Ní Bhuachalla and Antoinette Dawson.
'Jo Maxi' first aired on Monday, 10 October 1988 on RTÉ Network 2 and ran until 1994.
- Local keywords Valentine's Day, Romance, Paris, France, French, Convent of Mercy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Teenagers, Adolescents, Adolescence, Teenage romance, Adolescent romance, Jo Maxi, Clíona Ní Bhuachalla, Ray D'Arcy
- Geographical coverage Ireland
- Topic National Holidays, Festivals, Anniversaries, Annual Events
- Publisher Broadcaster RTÉ
- First broadcast channel RTÉ Two (Network 2)
- Production year 1990
- Country of production Ireland
- Original identifier 04D01680
- IPR restrictions Rights Reserved - Free Access
- Rights terms and conditions
Copyright RTÉ. This material may not be replicated in any form or manner without the prior express permission of RTÉ. Any form of reproduction in print, television, video, multimedia, web site or other electronic media or any form of dissemination for commercial or non-commercial use must be licensed by the RTÉ Archives.
If you wish to licence video or audio clips, still images or text, or would like further guidance please contact us.
RTÉ Archives are committed to respecting the copyright of others and have attempted to source and credit the copyright owners of all material used here. RTÉ would like to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified here so that the necessary corrections can be made. If you feel your copyright has not been respected please contact us.
- Item type part/extract
- Item colour Colour
- Item sound Mono
- Aspect ratio 4:3
- Language used English (eng)
- Original language English (eng)
French vs Irish Romance
Broadcast - 14/02/1990
Clip Length - 00:04:57
How to Break Up With Someone
Broadcast - 14/02/2001
Clip Length - 00:05:07
“Dear Saint Anne, send me a man, a good one If you can”.
Broadcast - 14/02/1996
Clip Length - 00:02:03
Valentine's Day on O'Connell Bridge
Broadcast - 14/02/1980
Clip Length - 00:01:26
"She's very funny and she's got fat cheeks."
Broadcast - 13/02/1981
Clip Length - 00:03:22
"A frenzy of excitement... waiting for the postman"
Broadcast - 14/02/1985
Clip Length - 00:04:31