The top 10 tips for a romantic Valentine's Day. Flowers, perfume, cards, chocolates, love letters, poetry and cupid are all essential elements for that perfect Valentine.
- Title Valentine’s Day Romance Tips
- 1st Broadcast 12/02/2002
- Clip Duration 00:04:10
- Material Type Video
- Series title Style Stream
- Clip title Top 10 Tips For Romance
- Extended description
‘Style Stream’ looks at the customs and legends of Valentine’s Day and provides the top 10 tips for a romantic day.
The Top Ten Tips for a modern but romantic Valentines Day are:
10. Give a bunch of flowers to a loved one.
9. Surprise your girl with some lovely perfume.
8. When sending that special card, make sure your sweetheart's name is different to her mum's.
7. Surprise your love with their favourite chocolates.
6. Hide a special note in a secret place.
5. Make a special effort and dress from head to toe in smashing red.
4. Write a load of fab cards and send them to yourself. Just make sure to disguise your writing.
3. Poetry is for Valentines Day, so why not compose a special rhyme and read it to your special love.
2. Request a special song for the lady on the radio.
1. Beware of cupids arrow, because once it hits you, it could leave a silly grin on your face for ever.
'Style Stream' was part of 'Den 2' children's programming.
This episode of 'Style Stream' was broadcast on 12 February, 2002.
- Local keywords Valentine's Day, St. Valentine, Style Stream, Den 2
- Geographical coverage Ireland
- Genre Factual
- Topic National Holidays, Festivals, Anniversaries, Annual Events
- First broadcast channel RTÉ Two (Network 2)
- Production year 2002
- Country of production Ireland
- Original identifier 12/02/2002
- IPR restrictions Rights Reserved - Free Access
- Rights terms and conditions
Copyright RTÉ. This material may not be replicated in any form or manner without the prior express permission of RTÉ. Any form of reproduction in print, television, video, multimedia, web site or other electronic media or any form of dissemination for commercial or non-commercial use must be licensed by the RTÉ Archives.
If you wish to licence video or audio clips, still images or text, or would like further guidance please contact us.
RTÉ Archives are committed to respecting the copyright of others and have attempted to source and credit the copyright owners of all material used here. RTÉ would like to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified here so that the necessary corrections can be made. If you feel your copyright has not been respected please contact us.
- Item type part/extract
- Item colour Colour
- Item sound Mono
- Aspect ratio 4:3
- Language used English (eng)
- Original language English (eng)
“Dear Saint Anne, send me a man, a good one If you can”.
Broadcast - 14/02/1996
Clip Length - 00:02:03
Valentine's Day on O'Connell Bridge
Broadcast - 14/02/1980
Clip Length - 00:01:26
"She's very funny and she's got fat cheeks."
Broadcast - 13/02/1981
Clip Length - 00:03:22
"A frenzy of excitement... waiting for the postman"
Broadcast - 14/02/1985
Clip Length - 00:04:31
Saint Valentine, Cards, Relics, in Dublin
Broadcast - 10/02/1976
Clip Length - 00:05:31
Top 10 Tips For Romance
Broadcast - 12/02/2002
Clip Length - 00:04:10