Ingrid Miley gets reaction to the budget from the social partners, including TD Mary Harney, Turlough O'Sullivan of IBEC and David Beggs of the ICTU.
- Title Budget 2004, Social Partners
- 1st Broadcast 03/12/2003
- ContributorIngrid Miley (Reporter)
- Clip Duration 00:02:33
- Material Type Video
- Series title RTÉ News
- Clip title Budget Pleases Business But Problems For Local Government Finances
- Extended description
Businesses welcomed the retention of tax relief incentive schemes and tax credits for research and development.
Mary Harney stated that it's about "helping us become a more knowledge based economy".
Turlough O'Sullivan welcomed moves to control inflation and public expenditure. However, David Beggs of the ICTU felt that more could have been done to get low income earners out of the tax net.
A RTÉ News report by Ingrid Miley from 3 December 2003 on Budget 2004 and the reaction from the social partners.
- Local keywords Memorable Budgets, Budget, 2004, Ingrid Miley, Charlie McCreevy, Turlough O'Sullivan, David Beggs, ICTU, Politics, Economics
- Geographical coverage Ireland
- Genre News
- Topic Politics and Economics
- Publisher Broadcaster RTÉ
- First broadcast channel RTÉ One
- Production year 2003
- Country of production Ireland
- Original identifier BN03/337
- IPR restrictions Rights Reserved - Free Access
- Rights terms and conditions
Copyright RTÉ. This material may not be replicated in any form or manner without the prior express permission of RTÉ. Any form of reproduction in print, television, video, multimedia, web site or other electronic media or any form of dissemination for commercial or non-commercial use must be licensed by the RTÉ Archives.
If you wish to licence video or audio clips, still images or text, or would like further guidance please contact us.
RTÉ Archives are committed to respecting the copyright of others and have attempted to source and credit the copyright owners of all material used here. RTÉ would like to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified here so that the necessary corrections can be made. If you feel your copyright has not been respected please contact us.
- Item type part/extract
- Item colour Colour
- Item sound Mono
- Aspect ratio 4:3
- Language used English (eng)
- Original language English (eng)
Decentralisation To End Dublin Mindset In Policy Formation
Broadcast - 03/12/2003
Clip Length - 00:04:15
Budget Pleases Business But Problems For Local Government Finances
Broadcast - 03/12/2003
Clip Length - 00:02:33
"It Will Work and the Government Will Ensure That It will".
Broadcast - 08/12/2003
Clip Length - 00:02:03
- 1970: Budget Without A Minister
- 1976: Minister for Hardship
- 1980: Living Beyond Our Means
- 1982: VAT On Children's Shoes
- 1984: "A Dreary Non-Event"
- 1987: 'Mac The Knife'
- 1991: First Televised Budget
- 1992: Bertie's First Budget
- 1995: Rainbow Budget
- 2000: Giveaway Budget
- 2004: Decentralisation
- 2007: A Generous Package
- 2011: The Final Fianna Fail Budget
- 2012: Spending Cuts and Tax Hikes