Sandra, a caller to RTÉ's 'Liveline', outlines her opposition to Charlie McCreevy's changes to the tax system.
- Title Incensed By Budget
- 1st Broadcast 02/12/1999
- ContributorTeri Garvey (Presenter)
- Clip Duration 00:00:48
- Material Type Audio
- Series title Liveline
- Clip title "I'm Absolutely Incensed By This Budget"
- Extended description
Teri Garvey speaks to Sandra about the stay-at-home allowance. Sandra argues that McCreevy "...has done nothing to promote family. He has done nothing to promote the institution of marriage...all he has done at the end of the day is divided the society that we live in today".
'Liveline' is a daily call-in show on RTÉ Radio 1.
The Liveline team and its listeners continue to make the news headlines uncovering controversies and scandals.
Teri Garvey was an occasional guest presenter on Liveline. Teri passed away in 2009 following a long battle with cancer.
Liveline is presented by Joe Duffy. The photo accompanying this clip shows Joe Duffy interviewing Bertie Ahern in RTÉ radio studio (1994)
© RTÉ Stills Library 2295/069
- Local keywords Memorable Budgets, Budget, 2000, Teri Garvey, Liveline, Politics, Economics
- Geographical coverage Ireland
- Genre Factual
- Topic Politics and Economics
- Publisher Broadcaster RTÉ
- First broadcast channel RTÉ One
- Production year 1999
- Country of production Ireland
- Original identifier RCD0212
- IPR restrictions Rights Reserved - Free Access
- Rights terms and conditions
Copyright RTÉ. This material may not be replicated in any form or manner without the prior express permission of RTÉ. Any form of reproduction in print, television, video, multimedia, web site or other electronic media or any form of dissemination for commercial or non-commercial use must be licensed by the RTÉ Archives.
If you wish to licence video or audio clips, still images or text, or would like further guidance please contact us.
RTÉ Archives are committed to respecting the copyright of others and have attempted to source and credit the copyright owners of all material used here. RTÉ would like to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified here so that the necessary corrections can be made. If you feel your copyright has not been respected please contact us.
- Item type part/extract
- Item sound Mono
- Language used English (eng)
- Original language English (eng)
- 1970: Budget Without A Minister
- 1976: Minister for Hardship
- 1980: Living Beyond Our Means
- 1982: VAT On Children's Shoes
- 1984: "A Dreary Non-Event"
- 1987: 'Mac The Knife'
- 1991: First Televised Budget
- 1992: Bertie's First Budget
- 1995: Rainbow Budget
- 2000: Giveaway Budget
- 2004: Decentralisation
- 2007: A Generous Package
- 2011: The Final Fianna Fail Budget
- 2012: Spending Cuts and Tax Hikes