Joe Little visits Minister for Finance Ruairí Quinn's constituency to gauge reaction to the budget. One drinker in a Ringsend pub is inspired to poetry.
- Title Reaction To Budget In Quinn's Constituency
- 1st Broadcast 08/02/1995
- ContributorJoe Little (Reporter)
- Clip Duration 00:00:58
- Material Type Video
- Series title RTÉ News
- Clip title Ringsend Pub Poet Reacts To Budget
- Extended description
In Ringsend in south-east Dublin, reaction was mixed and one of the drinkers and a constituent of Ruari Quinn even broke into poetry in a local pub.
The poem ends with the line "...Please God, Bring Back Bertie Ahern".
A RTÉ News report from a pub in Ringsend, Dublin on 8 February, 1995.
- Local keywords Memorable Budgets, 1995, Budget, Ruari Quinn, Joe Little, Ringsend, Economics, Politics
- Geographical coverage Ireland, Dublin
- Topic Politics and Economics
- Publisher Broadcaster RTÉ
- First broadcast channel RTÉ
- Production year 1995
- Country of production Ireland
- Original identifier BN95/039
- IPR restrictions Rights Reserved - Free Access
- Rights terms and conditions
Copyright RTÉ. This material may not be replicated in any form or manner without the prior express permission of RTÉ. Any form of reproduction in print, television, video, multimedia, web site or other electronic media or any form of dissemination for commercial or non-commercial use must be licensed by the RTÉ Archives.
If you wish to licence video or audio clips, still images or text, or would like further guidance please contact us.
RTÉ Archives are committed to respecting the copyright of others and have attempted to source and credit the copyright owners of all material used here. RTÉ would like to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified here so that the necessary corrections can be made. If you feel your copyright has not been respected please contact us.
- Item type part/extract
- Item colour Colour
- Item sound Mono
- Aspect ratio 4:3
- Language used English (eng)
- Original language English (eng)
- 1970: Budget Without A Minister
- 1976: Minister for Hardship
- 1980: Living Beyond Our Means
- 1982: VAT On Children's Shoes
- 1984: "A Dreary Non-Event"
- 1987: 'Mac The Knife'
- 1991: First Televised Budget
- 1992: Bertie's First Budget
- 1995: Rainbow Budget
- 2000: Giveaway Budget
- 2004: Decentralisation
- 2007: A Generous Package
- 2011: The Final Fianna Fail Budget
- 2012: Spending Cuts and Tax Hikes