Television cameras record the tenth year of a Minister for Finance appearing on radio to answer listeners' questions.
- Title Duke's Budget on Radio
- 1st Broadcast 26/01/1984
- ContributorJohn Bowman (Presenter)
Liam Cahill (Producer)
- Clip Duration 00:02:03
- Material Type Video
- Series title RTÉ News
- Clip title 10th Anniversary For Post-Budget Radio Appearance
- Extended description
John Bowman, presenter of 'Day by Day' speaks to Minister for Finance, Alan Dukes, about the budget and they talk to listeners who voice their concerns and opinions. This is one of the rare opportunities that listeners get to talk directly to the Minister.
One listener questions the minister about the new VAT rate on children's clothing.
RTÉ News reports on Minister Alan Dukes appearing on RTÉ radio programme 'Day by Day' where he discusses the outcome of Budget 1984 with presenter, John Bowman, and listeners to the show.
The reporter is Liam Cahill.
- Local keywords Memorable Budgets, Budget, 1984, John Bowman, Alan Dukes, Radio, Day by Day, Economics, Politics
- Geographical coverage Ireland
- Topic Politics and Economics
- Publisher Broadcaster RTÉ
- First broadcast channel RTÉ
- Production year 1984
- Country of production Ireland
- Original identifier N26/0084D
- IPR restrictions Rights Reserved - Free Access
- Rights terms and conditions
Copyright RTÉ. This material may not be replicated in any form or manner without the prior express permission of RTÉ. Any form of reproduction in print, television, video, multimedia, web site or other electronic media or any form of dissemination for commercial or non-commercial use must be licensed by the RTÉ Archives.
If you wish to licence video or audio clips, still images or text, or would like further guidance please contact us.
RTÉ Archives are committed to respecting the copyright of others and have attempted to source and credit the copyright owners of all material used here. RTÉ would like to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified here so that the necessary corrections can be made. If you feel your copyright has not been respected please contact us.
- Item type part/extract
- Item colour Colour
- Item sound Mono
- Aspect ratio 4:3
- Language used English (eng)
- Original language English (eng)
- 1970 : Budget Without A Minister
- 1976 : Minister for Hardship
- 1980 : Living Beyond Our Means
- 1982 : VAT On Children's Shoes
- 1984 : "A Dreary Non-Event"
- 1987 : 'Mac The Knife'
- 1991 : First Televised Budget
- 1992 : Bertie's First Budget
- 1995 : Rainbow Budget
- 2000 : Giveaway Budget
- 2004 : Decentralisation
- 2007 : A Generous Package
- 2011 : The Final Fianna Fail Budget
- 2012 : Spending Cuts and Tax Hikes