Questions and opposition are raised by listeners in relation to petrol price hikes.
- Title Questions On Public Transport
- 1st Broadcast 28/02/1980
- ContributorRodney Rice (Presenter)
- Clip Duration 00:04:39
- Material Type Audio
- Series title Viewpoint
- Clip title Questions On Public Transport For The Minister
- Extended description
Listeners to RTÉ's 'Viewpoint' question Minister for Finance, Michael O'Kennedy on the increase in tax on petrol. The first caller complains about the poor standards of road and public transport in Ireland. The second caller asks the Minister when there will be a rapid rail system to Tallaght?
'Viewpoint' was a half-hour, daily radio programme presented by Rodney Rice and produced by Pat McInerney, Edward Mulhall and Betty Purcell.
- Local keywords Memorable Budgets, Budget, 1980, Viewpoint, Michael O'Kennedy
- Geographical coverage Ireland
- Topic Politics and Economics
- Publisher Broadcaster RTÉ
- First broadcast channel RTÉ
- Production year 1980
- Country of production Ireland
- Original identifier AA1098
- IPR restrictions Rights Reserved - Free Access
- Rights terms and conditions
Copyright RTÉ. This material may not be replicated in any form or manner without the prior express permission of RTÉ. Any form of reproduction in print, television, video, multimedia, web site or other electronic media or any form of dissemination for commercial or non-commercial use must be licensed by the RTÉ Archives.
If you wish to licence video or audio clips, still images or text, or would like further guidance please contact us.
RTÉ Archives are committed to respecting the copyright of others and have attempted to source and credit the copyright owners of all material used here. RTÉ would like to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified here so that the necessary corrections can be made. If you feel your copyright has not been respected please contact us.
- Item type part/extract
- Item sound Mono
- Language used English (eng)
- Original language English (eng)
- 1970: Budget Without A Minister
- 1976: Minister for Hardship
- 1980: Living Beyond Our Means
- 1982: VAT On Children's Shoes
- 1984: "A Dreary Non-Event"
- 1987: 'Mac The Knife'
- 1991: First Televised Budget
- 1992: Bertie's First Budget
- 1995: Rainbow Budget
- 2000: Giveaway Budget
- 2004: Decentralisation
- 2007: A Generous Package
- 2011: The Final Fianna Fail Budget
- 2012: Spending Cuts and Tax Hikes