Eamonn McCann talks to Tom McCaughren about Radio Free Derry broadcasting again.
- Title Eamonn McCann on Radio Free Derry
- 1st Broadcast 18/08/1969
- ContributorTom McCaughren (Reporter)
- Clip Duration 00:00:59
- Material Type Video
- Series title RTÉ News
- Clip title Radio Free Derry
- Extended description
Radio Free Derry will go back on air at midnight tonight. The station will provide local news bulletins and assist with coordinating activities in the area. The station had gone off the air due to technical problems and difficulties in moving the transmitter after each broadcast. The station is now located in a fixed spot behind the barricades and has a transmission range of up to 30 miles.
RTÉ News speaks to Eamonn McCann about Radio Free Derry broadcast on 21 August 1969.
- Local keywords Northern Ireland 1969, August 1969, Radio Free Derry, Eamonn McCann, Tom McCaughren, Broadcasting, Radio Station
- Geographical coverage Ireland, Derry
- Topic Wars and Conflict
- Publisher Broadcaster RTÉ
- First broadcast channel RTÉ
- Production year 1969
- Country of production Ireland
- Original identifier N3604/0069D
- IPR restrictions Rights Reserved - Free Access
- Rights terms and conditions
Copyright RTÉ. This material may not be replicated in any form or manner without the prior express permission of RTÉ. Any form of reproduction in print, television, video, multimedia, web site or other electronic media or any form of dissemination for commercial or non-commercial use must be licensed by the RTÉ Libraries and Archives.
If you wish to licence video or audio clips, still images or text, or would like further guidance please contact us.
RTÉ Libraries and Archives are committed to respecting the copyright of others and have attempted to source and credit the copyright owners of all material used here. RTÉ would like to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified here so that the necessary corrections can be made. If you feel your copyright has not been respected please contact us.
- Item type part/extract
- Item colour Black and White
- Item sound Mono
- Aspect ratio 4:3
- Language used English (eng)
Radio Free Derry
Broadcast - 18/08/1969
Clip Length - 00:00:59
Faulkner Denies 'B' Specials To Be Disbanded
Broadcast - 22/08/1969
Clip Length - 00:03:40
British MPs Visit The Bogside
Broadcast - 28/08/1969
Clip Length - 00:02:31
James Callaghan in Northern Ireland
Broadcast - 29/08/1969
Clip Length - 00:13:43