Major James Chichester-Clark talks about his ambition to prove to the Northern Ireland community that he is capable of being their Prime Minister.
- Title Chichester-Clark on Policies
- 1st Broadcast 30/04/1969
- ContributorKevin MacDonald (Reporter)
- Clip Duration 00:01:04
- Material Type Video
- Series title RTÉ News
- Clip title Chichester-Clark Ambitions for Leadership
- Extended description
Chichester-Clark also acknowledges that he will need to build a relationship with the British government at Westminster. He also acknowledges the challenges ahead in gaining the respect of the civil rights movement.
RTÉ News talks to Major Chichester-Clark about his ambitions for leadership broadcast on 30 April 1969.
- Local keywords Northern Ireland 1969, New Prime Minister, James Chichester-Clark, Kevin MacDonald, Northern Ireland, 1969
- Geographical coverage Ireland, Belfast
- Topic Wars and Conflict
- Publisher Broadcaster RTÉ
- First broadcast channel RTÉ
- Production year 1969
- Country of production Ireland
- Original identifier N2043/0069B
- IPR restrictions Rights Reserved - Free Access
- Rights terms and conditions
Copyright RTÉ. This material may not be replicated in any form or manner without the prior express permission of RTÉ. Any form of reproduction in print, television, video, multimedia, web site or other electronic media or any form of dissemination for commercial or non-commercial use must be licensed by the RTÉ Archives.
If you wish to licence video or audio clips, still images or text, or would like further guidance please contact us.
RTÉ Archives are committed to respecting the copyright of others and have attempted to source and credit the copyright owners of all material used here. RTÉ would like to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified here so that the necessary corrections can be made. If you feel your copyright has not been respected please contact us.
- Item type part/extract
- Item colour Black and White
- Item sound Mono
- Aspect ratio 4:3
- Language used English (eng)
O'Neill Downfall Seen As Inevitable
Broadcast - 24/04/1969
Clip Length - 00:01:12
Reaction to O’Neill Resignation
Broadcast - 29/04/1969
Clip Length - 00:02:04
"Wherever Our Source of Hope Lies, It Certainly Doesn't Lie in the Unionist Party"
Broadcast - 28/04/1969
Clip Length - 00:00:52
Faulkner and Chichester-Clark for Leadership
Broadcast - 30/04/1969
Clip Length - 00:05:10
Chichester-Clark Ambitions for Leadership
Broadcast - 30/04/1969
Clip Length - 00:01:04