Barry Linnane reports on the launch of the Unionist Party manifesto and on press conferences held by Terence O'Neill, Sam Napier of the Northern Ireland Labour Party and Ian Paisley.
- Title Three Parties Launch Manifestos
- 1st Broadcast 14/02/1969
- ContributorBarry Linnane (Reporter)
- Clip Duration 00:04:29
- Material Type Video
- Series title RTÉ News
- Clip title Party Manifestos for Election
- Extended description
O'Neill had described the Unionist Party manifesto as a declaration of principle. He said that the Unionist Party believed in an Ulster in which "the rights and obligations of all citizens would be recognised".
Paisley points the finger at O'Neill as the person responsible for "bringing Ulster to the crossroads".
A RTÉ News report by Barry Linnane featuring Terence O'Neill, Sam Napier and Ian Paisley broadcast on 14 February 1969.
- Local keywords Northern Ireland, 1969, The Troubles, Stormont, Election, Terence O'Neill, Ian Paisley, Barry Linnane, Sam Napier, Northern Ireland Labour Party, Manifestos
- Geographical coverage Ireland, Belfast
- Topic Wars and Conflict
- Publisher Broadcaster RTÉ
- First broadcast channel RTÉ
- Production year 1969
- Country of production Ireland
- Original identifier N742/0069D
- IPR restrictions Rights Reserved - Free Access
- Rights terms and conditions
Copyright RTÉ. This material may not be replicated in any form or manner without the prior express permission of RTÉ. Any form of reproduction in print, television, video, multimedia, web site or other electronic media or any form of dissemination for commercial or non-commercial use must be licensed by the RTÉ Archives.
If you wish to licence video or audio clips, still images or text, or would like further guidance please contact us.
RTÉ Archives are committed to respecting the copyright of others and have attempted to source and credit the copyright owners of all material used here. RTÉ would like to hear from any copyright owners who are not properly identified here so that the necessary corrections can be made. If you feel your copyright has not been respected please contact us.
- Item type part/extract
- Item colour Black and White
- Item sound Mono
- Aspect ratio 4:3
- Language used English (eng)
Party Manifestos for Election
Broadcast - 14/02/1969
Clip Length - 00:04:29
Appeal to "All Religions and None, to Come and Join the Unionist Party".
Broadcast - 16/02/1969
Clip Length - 00:01:54
Canvassing in Cullybackey
Broadcast - 17/02/1969
Clip Length - 00:01:19
Lord Brookeborough Gives His Views
Broadcast - 18/02/1969
Clip Length - 00:02:09
Nationalist Party View
Broadcast - 19/02/1969
Clip Length - 00:01:10