Edition 94 of Century Ireland is out on 15 February 2017 with all the news from 100 years ago.
The main stories include:
- Renewed Arrests of Republicans in Ireland
Midnight raids by police across Ireland have led to the arrest and imprisonment of 28 men under the Defence of the Realm Act.
- Blistering Attack on Irish Parliamentary Party
‘They have defied the voice of the people'
The Irish Independent has launched a blistering attack on the Irish Party in a significant change in its editorial line.
- Will America join the World War?
There are contradictory reports from America regarding the intentions of America in respect of the Great War.
- Irish Bishops Warn of Food Shortages
Ireland’s Catholic bishops have warned again of the acute food shortages that are striking the county.
- Low Pay for Irish Women at 'Shocking' Level
The pay awarded to Irish women remains at a shockingly low level.
- Mayo Man Arrested for Singing Rebel Songs
John McNally, a native of Claremorris but working as a shop assistant at Ballyhaunis, was charged at Ballinlough Petty Sessions by the Crown under the Defence of the Realm Act with singing 'Easter Week' at a concert at Ballinlough.
- Reports of Armenian Massacre
Arthur Balfour has relayed further accounts of the reported sufferings of Armenians within the Ottoman Empire.
Armenian Committee Poster
- Temperance Meeting Highlights Drunkenness Amongst Women
A meeting of Temperance campaigners in Dublin yesterday highlighted the growing prevalence of female drunkenness in the city.