Edition 72 of Century Ireland is out on 3 February 2016 with all the news from 100 years ago.
The main stories include:
- Canadian Parliament Burned to the Ground
Germans suspected of arson as Canadian Parliament Buildings in Ottawa have been almost completely destroyed by fire.
- How Irish Nuns Fled From Ypres
Irish nuns who fled from the Battle of Ypres are currently living in Golders Green in London.
- Chaos in Washington as Secretary for War Resigns
Deep divisions in American politics have surfaced once more with the resignation of the Secretary for War.
- Redmond: ‘The Destruction, Havoc, and Suffering is Truly Appalling’
‘The destruction, havoc, and suffering I have encountered, even in short time, is truly appalling,’ Captain William Redmond said in a letter from France.
Additional stories include:
- Getting Rich During the War
- New Irish-American Paper Launched
- Dublin Tramways Enjoys Most Profitable Year Ever
- British Government Donate £5,000 for Irish Child Welfare
Century Ireland Edition 72 - Grafton Street Trams
For more from Century Ireland visit www.rte.ie/centuryireland