Edition 68 of Century Ireland is out on 2 December 2015 with all the news from 100 years ago.
The main stories from this edition include:
- Irish Soldiers Refuse to Support Roger Casement in Germany
There are claims that Irish soldiers held in German prisoner-of-war have rejected pleas from Sir Roger Casement to join the Irish brigade for Germany.
- Kettle and Sinn Feiners Fight at Recruitment Meeting in Cork
A recruitment meeting in Cork ended in scenes of turmoil and violence after loyalists and Sinn Feiners clashed on Patrick Street.
- President Wilson Defends American Neutrality
In his State of the Union address, President Woodrow Wilson has defended American neutrality.
- Large Anti-Conscription Meeting in Dublin
A large anti-conscription meeting took place in the Mansion House in Dublin, and Patrick Pearse and Eoin MacNeill made rousing speeches.
Additional stories include:
- Twenty Children Die in Measles Epidemic in Dublin
- Francis Ledwidge: ‘A New Voice in Irish poetry’ Hailed as a Masterpiece
- Church Street Tenement Collapse Remembered
- Soldier Murders Colleague With Sweeping Brush
For more from Century Ireland visit www.rte.ie/centuryireland