All the news from 100 years ago from Century Ireland.
The main stories from Edition 61 of Century Ireland include:
- Stop Starving Ireland!
A public meeting in the Mansion House in Dublin this afternoon heard pleas for the country’s farmers to increase the number and range of crops on their land.
- Dubliners Heroic as Savage Fighting Continues at Suvla Bay
News of Irish soldiers dying at Gallipoli comes now almost every day as fighting continues on the shores of Suvla Bay.
- Allegations of Drunkenness Against Soldiers’ Wives Denied
Claims that the wives of soldiers and sailors serving in the war are repeatedly drunk have been vigorously contested in Dublin.
- John Redmond Visits Munitions Factory in Wicklow
The leader of the Irish Parliamentary Party John Redmond visited a munitions factory based at Arklow, Co. Wicklow.
Additional stories include:
- Army Officer Commits Suicide on Wicklow Train
- Marching Bands and Union Jacks Greet Lord Lieutenant in West of Ireland
- Roscommon ‘Don Juan’ Loses Matrimonial Case
- Wall Collapses at National Museum in Dublin
Science & Art Museum, Dublin
For more from Century Ireland, visit www.rte.ie/centuryireland