Campaign to rescue Cullenswood House.
Historic Cullenswood House in Ranelagh, Dublin, was the first location of Patrick Pearse's school. Founded in 1908, Scoil Éanna aimed to educate through the Irish language. It later moved to larger premises in Rathfarnham. Cullenswood House had also been the home of historian William Lecky and Bartholomew Mosse, founder of the Rotunda Hospital.
By 1990, the building had fallen into disrepair and a local committee launched a campaign to rescue it. Neasa Ní Chinnéide meets committee-member Máire Davitt to find out more about it in this 'Cúrsaí' report.
Ba mhaith linn go mór go mbeadh an áit seo mar ionad pobail do na daoine áitiúla anseo.
Cullenswood House is now the home of Gaelscoil Lios na nÓg.
This edition of 'Cúrsaí' was broadcast on 30 May 1990.