Century Ireland presents all the news from 100 years ago..
Edition 48 of Century Ireland is out tomorrow. Here's a preview of all the news from 100 years ago.
- British Military Suppress Nationalist Newspaper
British Military authorities raid the offices of the Scissors and Paste newspaper on Middle Abbey Street.
- Recruiting for British Army in Tullamore
The men of Tullamore, and of King’s County in general, have been condemned for their poor response to the call to join the British Army.
- ‘We Shall Never Consent to Divide this Island’ - John Dillon
‘We shall never consent to divide this island or this nation and we shall never consent to allow any section, clique, or faction to rule the people of Ireland,’ the Irish Parliamentary Party MP, John Dillon, said in Belfast.
- Irish Horseracing Industry Faces Ruin
Thousands of small horse breeders across Ireland will be ruined if the proposal to stop horseracing in England is spread to Ireland.
Additional stories include:
- Gresham Hotel Hosts Dance to Raise Money for Troops
- Boy Killed After Stone Throwing in Meath
- Armagh Woman Has Six Sons Serving at War
- Astrologist Predicts War Will End This Year
- Cavan Man Murders Wife Out of Jealousy
For more from Century Ireland visit www.rte.ie/centuryireland