A new issue of Century Ireland will be published tomorrow 11 December, 2013.
The key events in Issue 17 include:
- Kerry defeat Wexford in All-Ireland football final
The Munster men ran out winners on a score-line of 2-2 to 0-3
- Chaotic scenes at Cork Volunteers launch
Mac Neill describes Ulster Volunteers as the ‘essence of Nationalism’
- Ireland celebrates Christmas 1913
Religious services, frantic shopping and heavy postal loads mark the festive period in Dublin
Grafton Street, Dublin. Source: National Library of Ireland.
- Leading Ulster club abandons rugby for drilling
Men of Ulster are setting an ‘example to the entire Empire’, Carson claims
Additional stories include:
- Bray to impose 8 mph speed limit?
Bray, Co. Wicklow. Source: Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA
- Britain launches new battle cruiser as costs of armaments soar
- Irish year ends in big freeze
- Postal boxes attacked by Suffragettes in Dublin
- Sir Ernest Shackleton outlines plans for new Antarctic voyage
Visit Century Ireland
Top Image: Bureau of Military History 1913-1921, Military Archives