From relative obscurity to everyday recognition, we take a look back at the early days of now famous Irish people when they first appeared in front of television cameras.
- Barry McGuigan wins the title as national senior bantamweight champion.
- Boyzone appear on TV for the first time.
- Colin Farrell does a spot of line dancing.
- Eamon Gilmore protests for better student grants.
- Graham Norton talks discos and relationships.
- Imelda May entertains on the Late Late Toy Show.
- Louis Walsh on managing Johnny Logan.
- Marian Finucane protests at St. Stephen's Green.
- Mary McAleese tests out a wheelchair on the streets of Dublin.
- Neil Jordan plays the the guitar.
- Philip Treacy talks hat designs and future hopes.
- Stephen Roche wins Rás to become Ireland's new cycling hero.
Exhibition: Before They Were Famous